What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. How humans lived in a future society where asians or chinese were the leaders. People lived in a huge building or buildings where the bottom of the building was where the garbage was kept & many dirty mutants or wild kids lived off of the waste [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanj (new)

Juanj J | 2 comments I read a book about 20 years ago. The book was about How humans lived in a future society where asians or chinese were the leaders. People lived in a huge building or buildings where the bottom of the building was where the garbage was kept & many dirty mutants or just wild kids/people lived off of the waste. There was a part of the book that really stayed with me where this lady was abused by some guy who had like a metal...device...& the husband was standing outside but couldnt or didnt do anything because he was just a farmer.
Anyhow, if anyone knows the title of the book I'd really like to re-read it.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Hi Juanj. That sounds like an interesting book.

I'm moving your post to the Unsolved folder where more people will pay attention.

Also, put some eye-catching details in your header of this post. If everyone wrote "help" many people will just skip that thread.

message 3: by Andy (last edited Aug 20, 2015 09:40AM) (new)

Andy Love | 2039 comments A wild guess - the Chung Kuo series by David Wingrove Chung Kuo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_K...

"Chung Kuo is primarily set 200 years in the future in mile-high, continent-spanning cities made of a super-plastic called 'ice'. Housing a global population of 40 billion, the cities are divided into 300 levels and success and prestige is measured by how far above the ground one lives. Some – in the Above – live in great comfort. Others – in the Lowers – live in squalor, whilst at the bottom of the pile is 'Below the Net', a place where the criminal element is exiled and left to rot. "

message 4: by Juanj (new)

Juanj J | 2 comments Thank you! Thats the one. I had no idea it was an 8 book series. I will be busy for a while.

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2039 comments Glad to help! Sometimes wild guesses work, I guess.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32159 comments Mod
The Middle Kingdom by David Wingrove for the first book in the "Chung Kuo" series.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Info added to header. This may help someone in the future.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32159 comments Mod
Great! Thanks LG.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Middle Kingdom (other topics)
Chung Kuo (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Wingrove (other topics)