SNA Y7.01 (2015-2016) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Assignment > Week 5 Book Jacket and Character Analysis

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Star (new)

Star Jessalyn (stayawesomegotham) | 45 comments Mod
I'm not sure what I should do.

message 2: by SEBASTIAN (new)

SEBASTIAN TANNADY | 15 comments I'm going to write the worst book jacket ever

SECRETbooksHUNTER | 12 comments I'm 100% doomed

message 4: by KTT (new)

KTT Tanjung | 13 comments Hi Classmates! This is Kenneth again
I am going to write a character analysis about the book 'Robinson Crusoe'. I am going to tell you about Robinson my character.
So basically this story is about him shipwrecked and then stranded in an island in the middle of nowhere.

Robinson Crusoe:
He is a man who fights for what he believes in. He has a strong mental character. Example: His parents wanted him to become a lawyer but he refused and chose to travel around the world. He is compassionate because he saved a man, whom he called Friday, from a tribe of cannibals. He is not a scaredy cat because he lived in an island alone for 28 consecutive years. He even made a clothes out of a goat skin.I don't think any man can be as independent as Robinson.I liked his character and maybe one day i want to become independent like him. I really really really recommend this book for all ages, trust me it will suit you. I am going to rate this book 4.9999999999/5.

Robinson Crusoe Level 4 Intermediate (Cambridge Discovery Readers) by Daniel Defoe

message 5: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin Nur Helisa | 19 comments Hello good readers! I had read the book "Berlin Express" by Michael Austen. The main character here is Hiro Adachi. He is a young Japanese teen-aged boy who traveled to Berlin for the holiday. I think he has a gift of intuition or feeling that a person can be harmful or not. He is brave because he was able to report a crime. He is also smart because he was able to save himself from danger. However, Hiro is not romantic person because he didn't realize that his girlfriend was jealous of other girls. He might be scared to show his feelings or maybe he is so shy to express his love to his girlfriend.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fredlina | 18 comments hello everyone! i read the book about "man hunt". it is a very nice book. if you love stories about solving murder mystery, then this book is just right for you. there are a lot of characters in this story but my favourite character is the murderer.

this murderer's dad died when he was eighteen months old so he could hardly remembers him. his mum brought him and his siblings up on her own. he is a highly intelligent killer and is very creative as he kills people in different and unique ways every time. his killings went well as he plans everything out before killing. he had killed a lot of people as he loves killing and he thinks that he is good at it.

that is all for my character analysis about the murderer in this book. thank you! :)

~Jessica Fredlina

message 7: by User (new)

User | 19 comments hi, the book i read was The Fruitcake Special and Other Stories. it has 5 different stories but i'm going to talk about a girl named Anna from the main story, The Fruitcake Special. anna was a chemist who designed perfumes. she was not a fancy woman, she was very simple. anna was very kind and cared for others too as he was not selfish. she was also honest and kept promises. anna understands others' feelings and didnt only think about herself. because of her open-mindedness and kindness, people liked her.

message 8: by Star (last edited Aug 26, 2015 08:52AM) (new)

Star Jessalyn (stayawesomegotham) | 45 comments Mod
Rating: 5/5 STARS! THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!
Ms Shahidna. I love you and thank you for giving me the chance to do my own book.
So the book I read was Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella.
Picture: Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

I started reading this book last week and I took one of the longest reading periods of my life to complete this book just to absorb every single event in my mind. (Yup, it's that good)

Finding Audrey follows Audrey (obviously.) who suffers from severe anxiety after a particular event that happened at school. Now, she wears dark sunglasses wherever she goes, feeling that she's a failure. Until she meets Linus. Linus, with his radiant smile, always leaves Audrey breathless. As their friendship develops, Audrey's family slowly pieces itself back together. But could there be something more to their friendship than they think?
-----
The character I'm going to be analyzing is Audrey!
My fan cast for Audrey is Dove Cameron with brown hair so bear with me here!
http://dove-cameron.org/gallery/displ...
Anyway, Audrey started off as the shy and reserved girl who didn't dare to walk out of her house due to the scandal that occurred at her school. She was introverted and felt like a failure, the feeling which led to her suffering anxiety. Over the course of the book, we get to see Audrey slowly improve. She, however, was too eager to recover as she didn't want to weigh down her parents and prevent them from working that ended up—(read the book to find out) I thought that Sophie intricately wove Audrey, from her personality to how she looked like. It was fantastic seeing the world from Audrey's point of view, who even when she was sick, was mature beyond her years. Sophie also developed Audrey's character well throughout the whole book, especially her sense of humor. You would always catch me laughing every other page as Audrey was so hilarious. She has a lion heart from the start, always wanting to get better even if she doubt herself the first few times, and what she experienced and learnt throughout the book was magnificent, making her state at the end of the book something everyone should look up to (especially people who suffer from anxiety/sudden panic attacks, like me. Trust me, Audrey has it much worse than we do.)
-----
All in all, I really enjoyed the whole book, bit by bit, second by second so I'll be definitely be rereading this whenever I am in a reading slump. I rate this book a 5/5 stars!

message 9: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 19 comments Hi so My book title is "Sherlock "
The main character in this book is Sherlock Holmes ,he is a famous detective . He is smart as he solves difficult cases.
This book is pretty boring for me . For people who likes to read about Sherlock or about detectives, I recommend you to read this book .

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Tanutama | 14 comments The book i read was " But Was it Murder?". Alex Forely is attractive and rich, he is married to a wife named Amanda Grant.
One day, Cathrine, his neighbor heard a gunshot. Some detectives then discovered that Alex was dead but they didn't know if he suicided or was murdered.
6/10

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Tanutama | 14 comments The book i read was " But Was it Murder?". Alex Forely is attractive and rich, he is married to a wife named Amanda Grant.
One day, Cathrine, his neighbor heard a gunshot. Some detectives then discovered that Alex was dead but they didn't know if he suicided or was murdered.
6/10

message 12: by Joelynn (new)

Joelynn Tamrin | 28 comments Hi !!! Well... this is Joelynn again.
I'm writting a character analysis about the book 'The Dead Of Jericho'

Inspector Morse is a clever man. He knows what a person will do before the person even plan to do anything, thus, this ability desrves the respcet it should get.
Although Inspector Morse.likes to be around girls, he now thinks that it's about time he retire from the obsesion of girls. After all, he is now fifty and is going bald.
Among all of the Inspectors, I think that a Inspector Morse is the most intelligent, so that is why not only is he is my favorite character, but his keen-observation makes him a good model too.

message 13: by Joelynn (new)

message 14: by L1n_n (new)

L1n_n | 18 comments Hi guys so I'm reading the university murderers. It is a great book . the book is about inspector Logan finding the murderer of the two girl that died. It's is a very interesting book

message 15: by L1n_n (new)

L1n_n | 18 comments Hi guys so I'm reading the university murderers. It is a great book . the book is about inspector Logan finding the murderer of the two girl that died. It's is a very interesting book

message 16: by L1n_n (new)

message 17: by L1n_n (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.