Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Reviews on Amazon during Pre-Order

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Emme (Lisa_Emme) | 212 comments I just had someone that I sent an ARC of my book that's currently on pre-order (as of yesterday) try and leave their review on Amazon and they were told that they couldn't leave a review until the release date. I was under the impression that I could have reviews during the pre-order. Is this something new at Amazon or did I just not understand correctly?

message 2: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Nope, I think only the big 5 get access to pre-order reviews. You have to keep it, and ask them to post it when it goes live.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Emme (Lisa_Emme) | 212 comments Thanks. I knew I had seen reviews for pre-orders. Oh well, I'll have reviews ready to go on my release date.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) If you set up a Goodreads page you can have reviews posted there.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele Clack | 10 comments Is it possible to have an author page then?

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Emme (Lisa_Emme) | 212 comments Yes, I was able to set up (or ask for one to be set up) an author page. I had to add my book myself though because it wasn't in the GR catalogue yet. Once your book is on GR you can click on the author name and request your page.