The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1)
This topic is about The Fifth Season
The Broken Earth > TFS: Background info

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dara (cmdrdara) Jemisin has been posting background information on the Stillness, the people that inhabit it, and her writing process if anyone is interested in further reading.

Over on Scalzi's blog, Jemisin talks about her decision to write Essun's POV in second-person. The Big Idea

On her own blog, she talks about the creation of various races.

Also from her blog, she explains how she creates fantastical swearing. (HT to Joanna who directed me to this in a different discussion).

Lindsay | 545 comments Thanks Dara. I'd seen the Big Idea post already; I love the image that was the origin of the book.

This girl has a mountain meekly following behind her. And she's angry. At you. And if you don't do something, she's going to throw the mountain at you.

That's Essun in a nutshell.

Robyn | 150 comments Thanks for posting those links, Dara. I really enjoyed them.

Dara (cmdrdara) You're welcome! :-)

Lori | 63 comments Great links, thank you! I'm finally reading something at the same time as the group.

message 7: by Dara (last edited Sep 04, 2015 11:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dara (cmdrdara) The Mary Sue has the cover reveal for the next book, The Obelisk Gate. (http://www.themarysue.com/exclusive-c...)

description

Kaleb Ooooooh! *Grabby hands*