Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > How to go about ARCs

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (last edited Aug 19, 2015 10:44AM) (new)

Bill Jacks (BillJacks) My new short story is completely written...as a Word document, and the cover is finished. I'm having some images inserted which will probably take a few weeks. How do I go about gathering reviews/ratings in the meantime?

message 2: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Take and convert it to all the different file types, and start hitting up the book reviewers. I have almost half a year until Everyone Dies At The End releases, so I'm taking the time to hit everyone I can. Interviews, guest blogs, and talking directly to those in the book blogging community (Such as Bookwormie Joss and Cywyss of our own boards!) Just don't do copy/paste e-mails when you attempt to contact them. From my own personal experience, you get much better results when you treat them like they're special.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Couple of ways. You will want to set up a Goodreads page with the basic info, Cover, etc. If you don't have a publish daye yet, I think you can set it up with just the month and year you think it will be ready. That way people have a place

As for the ARCs, you can make a pdf (easy as selecting a different file type in word) or use a program like Calibur to create a mobi and epub. I wouldn't recommend a word doc unless you really trust your reviewers.

Hope that helped. :)

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill Jacks (BillJacks) Goodreads page? What is that? I don't even think I did that for my previous story.

message 5: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Yeah, the page for your book. The one with your cover, and where to buy it at.

message 6: by Bill (new)

Bill Jacks (BillJacks) What would I use for the ASIN, since it's not on Amazon yet?

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill Jacks (BillJacks) So I would just have Goodreads reviews, correct? And then I would have to ask that everyone also post on Amazon once I publish it?

message 8: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

I honestly don't know...I cheated and asked a librarian to set it up.

message 9: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Bill wrote: "So I would just have Goodreads reviews, correct? And then I would have to ask that everyone also post on Amazon once I publish it?"

Yep, but that's for anyone. AMazon doesn't allow reviews to be put up except for in the editorial section, until the book is released.