Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

For Better or for Worse
This topic is about For Better or for Worse
Authors' Promo/Blogs/Booksites > Review from The Kindle Book Review - The book is an interesting commentary on modern marriage and a very enjoyable read.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joanne Rawson | 29 comments Modern Marriage?
By The Kindle Book Review on August 18, 2015
Format: Kindle Edition
“For better, for worse,” words repeated at most weddings form the theme of the book.

Intertwined stories of four English women − neighbors, friends and confidantes − trace the rise and fall of romance in their lives. One woman is recovering from a relationship and falling in love, again. A second falls for her old boyfriend, leaving her husband. The third reconnects with her former husband. The fourth falls in love with her current and only husband, once again.

While each woman’s story is easy and fun to read, it is the fourth that I found to be the most interesting and to me most believable. Annie and her husband Patrick are in the throes of mid-life crises. Annie is unhappy as a stay-at-home mom and wants more out of her life. Patrick is attracted to Rachel, who works in his law practice and who definitely wants Patrick. When Annie discovers his affair, she orders him out.

Their attempts to re-establish their relationship are both humorous and tender. Sometimes you laugh; other times you feel angry. You come to know them both, their wants, their goals, their fears, and you want them to be happy, together.

The other situations, too, are plausible and all of them are entertaining.

Be warned, you will find both “better and “worse,” and not everything turns out well in the end. The book is an interesting commentary on modern marriage and a very enjoyable read.

David Burnett for the Kindle Book Review
I received a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Thanks for the info, Joanne