The Papercut discussion

HELLOOOOO AGAIN

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fatma (new)

Fatma (fatamo) | 19 comments Mod
Is anyone still interested in reviving this hibernating club? I am moving back to Muscat very soon and keen to have a reading group. I also have some ideas that might keep book meet ups more interesting and lively.

Reply here if you're still interested!

message 2: by Salem (new)

Salem Muqrashi | 2 comments I'm interested

message 3: by Fatima (new)

Fatima | 5 comments Definitely interested!

message 4: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments Eventhough I am based in Sohar, I would like to meet you all a first time.

message 5: by Fatma (new)

Swweeeet! We will then resume. I'm going to post again within the next week to set out my ideas for the book club and to welcome and discuss ideas from members :)

message 6: by Fatma (new)

Swweeeet! We will then resume. I'm going to post again within the next week to set out my ideas for the book club and to welcome and discuss ideas from members :)

message 7: by Salem (new)

Salem Muqrashi | 2 comments Any update about the club ?!

message 8: by Razan (new)

Razan | 2 comments Hi everyone,

We need to choos a book to read and to discuss about ?

New member - Razan

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine Karan | 1 comments Hello All, I've just moved to Muscat and I'm really looking froward to meet like minded people. Muscat Book Club sounds very interesting. Is this is the only place we can know any updates about the meet ups? or do we get emails? Thanks!

message 10: by Sahir (new)

Sahir (rivalbro) | 2 comments Hi Christine, no one bothered to read in Muscat, most people join Goodreads because they think it's another Facebook. It's a sad truth. I am an active reader but had no luck finding anyone to share this with or find someone who has my flavor of interest. Good luck though!

message 11: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments Why don't we meet? Even if it is two or three, let the available members meet. The first meeting is the difficult one. Once we know each other it becomes easier.

message 12: by Fatima (new)

Fatima (famtaq) | 1 comments Never had an idea we have a book club here! Hiee to everyone! =)

message 13: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments My first novel, Spinning into Oblivion published by Partridge is available at Al Fair and Borders in Muscat. In case any of you happen to read this book please do post your comments.

message 14: by Vaishnav (new)

Vaishnav | 2 comments Is the group still active?

message 15: by Razan (new)

Razan | 2 comments Hello, let’s meet I desperately looking for book club in Oman

message 16: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ I don't know...but something tells me this group has been dead for some time now lol!

message 17: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments It is better to be in touch online rather planning to meet as we all are busy with our lives. Please post the titles of the books you all are reading. This will help is finding out each other interests.

message 18: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments That is a good suggestion - It will keep the Club alive.

message 19: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ ok...for the sake of arguement I will be the first to state my books. One of the I am currently reading a classical short stories collection by H. G. Wells called facinating short stories. The book is actually good and quite entertaining.

message 20: by Munesh (last edited Nov 24, 2017 05:42AM) (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments Hi I am at present reading in tandem two great books. One is the "The seat of the soul" by Gary Zukov and the another when is "Tools of the Titans" by Tim Ferris.

message 21: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments I am reading MICRO by Michael Crichton. He had not finished his book by the time he died in 2008. Then Richard Preston had completed the book to publish it in 2011. Seems to be a good read.

message 22: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ cool books. Now I note it's only us three who are active here. What say you that once we complete reading our current books to go ahead and do an group reading of our own?
....I see that the rule here is to choose a book of not over 400 pages. That means a novel maybe. How about if we go ahead and read something like...murder on the orient express by Agatha christie since her book's has already turned into a movie and will hit the cinemas soon ^_^ ???

message 23: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments Hi AJ, great to read your comment. My main motive was that once we make our reading public then we can relate to each other based on our interests. I mean a book by Eckhart Tolle may not ring a bell with you but for someone else it may be a masterpiece. By the way personally I prefer non fiction but would be glad to read your recommendation. Is anyone interested too in reading Agatha Christie?

message 24: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments I don't mind reading Agatha Christie. Since I am based in Sohar, I have to buy the book when I travel to Muscat. I like to read hard copy of the book.

message 25: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments Hi Santosh, I read books on Kindle. It is easy to purchase online. By the way majority are available free as epub or mobi format online.

message 26: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ Munesh...I got to be with Santhosh on this one...reading from a real paper book feels much better...although I do real both kinds the digital and paper from time to time and depending on the easy availability of either type to me.

message 27: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments For me it is difficult to read from the computer.

You can start the reading. Meanwhile I will try to get the hard copy of the book.

We have to start somewhere.

message 28: by Luby (new)

Luby | 3 comments I’m currently reading A feast of crows which is book 4 of game of thrones. I’m living in Scotland at the moment but would love to be part of the book club. My favorite types of books are fictional but I’m willing to read and share my opinion on other books

message 29: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments Santhosh wrote: "For me it is difficult to read from the computer.

You can start the reading. Meanwhile I will try to get the hard copy of the book.

We have to start somewhere."

Hi Santosh, I can understand that reading from a PC is a headache. Myself, I have a Kindle Paperwhite device from Amazon. So reading is quite comfortable.
I have begun reading the Agatha Christie book as recommended by AJ.

message 30: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ Great news Munesh...I'll begin reading it too starting from today ^_^

message 31: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments AJ. That's great.

message 32: by Sahir (new)

Sahir (rivalbro) | 2 comments Hi all,

Seemed like no one would start anything here.
I'm an epic fantasy reader. I just finished the Kingfountain series by Jeff Wheeler. I started this after ordering Oathbringer hardcover from Amazon, got Kindle Unlimited and the first book of the series was available so thought I would read that while waiting for Oathbringer hardcover which I have been waiting for a year.
The shipping of this book is killing me and I already finished the full Kingfountain series of 6 books. I read on anything, ipad, mac, my phone, or real books, just need the book to be available.

I realized ebooks are more expensive on Google Books platform than Amazon or iBooks. Where do you guys mainly purchase your ebooks?

message 33: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments Hi Sahir. I for one get majority of my ebooks from Amazon in kindle format (azw3).

message 34: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ I buy most of my books from the yearly book fair here in Muscat.

message 35: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments Dear Friends,

My first book "Spinning into Oblivion" has been nominated for the Best Thriller Book of the year 2017 by Salismania. The following link will lead you to make your vote for the book.

https://www.salismania.com/single-pos...

Thanks a lot

message 36: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments Santosh that's a great achievement. I never knew we have writers in our midst. Best wishes again.

message 37: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments Thanks a lot Munesh.

message 38: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments Dear Friends,

Happy to inform you that my book "Spinning into Oblivion" has been chosen as the Best Thriller Book of the Year 2017 by Salismania.com

message 39: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ No kidding Mr. Santhosh...I had your book with me for a while...I had got it from spinney's...oh congrats on win. Can't wait till I start reading it too ^_^

message 40: by Santhosh (new)

Santhosh Gangadharan | 12 comments Hope you enjoy the book AJ!

message 41: by Vaishnav (new)

Vaishnav | 2 comments Hello Everyone. I'm currently reading "The subtle art of not giving a f***" Is this group active?

message 42: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ not really...for the past 5 months we've only been exchanging a few conversations...nothing of any meeting gatherings have been announced here for some time now I am afraid.

message 43: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments Hi Vaishanv, the book you mentioned is on my reading list. Would be great if you have a mobi version and can lend it.

message 44: by Anup (new)

Anup Sudevan | 4 comments HI,

Let's make this group active again. I am sure we all have a great time.

message 45: by ☆A.J.☆ (new)

☆A.J.☆ love the optimism ,Sudevan. I wish to learn the reason behind this group inactivity. So what do you propose us to do to bring it back to life ^_^ ?

message 46: by Anup (new)

Anup Sudevan | 4 comments I dont know how this might sound, just a suggestion. How about we ask the group which books they wish to read and see if the members have them. If so, lets meet and exchange them

message 47: by Munesh (new)

Munesh Chauhan | 11 comments Is it possible to have a meetup. It will be great seeing each other in person. We can discuss our interests.

message 48: by Anup (new)

Anup Sudevan | 4 comments I agree