The Filipino Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [Group Events] Planning Seminar

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ranee (last edited Aug 23, 2015 07:47AM) (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Hi Guys!

How are you enjoying the first half of 2015? How many books have you finished so far? How many f2f discussions have you attended? Ever wondered how the diversity of the bookreads paced?
Ever wondered whose brainchild it is to create the biweekly memes?
Ever had that idea that you just have to tell, maybe a fantastical new innovation you just have to share or new sets of books you are raring to bookpush?

Be heard and be counted (or maybe have that extra excuse to spend an afternoon with your cool bookish barkada). You are invited to attend TFG's planning seminar.
Date: August 29, 2015
Time:2:30PM
Place: The Nook, Maginhawa St. UP Village Quezon City
Agenda: TFG Christmas Party 2015 and TFG 2016 Calendar of Activities

Although we promise a fun time. We do hope you can give your inputs/suggestions on various topics/events about the said agenda.

message 2: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments And guys, we understand that some active members could not be physically presennt during the planning sem.
But if you have any suggestions for the growth of our group, feel free to post them here or if too shy to do so, pm any of the moderators.

message 3: by Angus (last edited Aug 17, 2015 11:42PM) (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Hi, I can't make it to the event because of other social events (I do have a social life, heh). So, here are some of my suggestions:

1. For the 2016 F2Fs, I suggest we cut down on the giveaways. Let's economize! Many of us have been very generous on freebies, but I think this is causing some pressure on prospective mods. Some of us are not as willing to spend a lot on freebies as the others. I think we are being obliged to spend because everyone is doing it? If this is approved, it is going to be sad because I win a lot of the prizes anyway, hahaha! Jez kidding.

2. For the 2016 book dares and challenges, I'd like to propose a year-long Book Bingo, which I will host (of course). Instead of bingo numbers, we'll have randomized bingo cards that have squares such as a 2015 TFG best book, a worst book, a classic novel, a contemporary romance, a book with an animal as a character, etc. Stamps will be earned for every line created on the book bingo card. Complete rules will be drafted if this is accepted.

3. Dibs on January 2016 if my Book Bingo suggestion is accepted (well, because I would have to introduce the challenge on the first 2016 F2F, so I might as well hit two birds with one). No theme yet because I don't know how we're going to do the 2016 roster. But if you ask me for a theme, I'd like to pick new books or books with "new" in the title. (Just scrap this item if the second suggestion is not approved).

4. For the Christmas Party, I'm okay with The Usual Christmas Party Place. If it's not available or if you want other venues, let's ensure that the place is ours only and that it's homey and cozy (because we're a rowdy lot; we'll get kicked out of restaurants or cafes if we party there).

That's all for me. :)

message 4: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Aaaw Angus... date ba yan? (Kinilig lang ng onti)

But i am liking your suggestions already especially the book bingo. It's noted.

message 5: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments ^Unfortunately, hindi, haha!

message 6: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Just a heads up, our planning seminar will be at The Nook, Maginhawa St. UP Village QC

message 7: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments I'll try to drop by since isang tumbling lang sya mula sa bahay. :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.