SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Around Goodreads & the WWW > Workaround for US-only Amazon Books?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments I get email updates from Mina Carter and the most recent one had some information I thought might be helpful to our members who live outside of the US.

Mina mentioned her book Southern Shifters: Werelock is only available in the US from Amazon b/c it's a part of a special program called "Kindle Worlds". She goes on to say that those living outside the US could try ...
... readers using Amazon UK, CA, and AU are going to have to be a little creative and tenacious to get ahold of a copy.:

--Add a United States address to your list of one-click addresses. You could try a hotel address or other business address you find online. The program is only concerned with confirming it is a legit address, not your address.
--Go to Manage Your Content & Devices, and under Country settings, change your location to US. Amazon will ask you to select an address. Select the US address you added to your one-click addresses.
--Now you can click on the Amazon US link, buy the book, and it will download onto your designated device.
--Once the book is downloaded, go back through the process changing everything back to your home country.
I'm not sure if it works or if you should try it, but I thought I'd share just in case you do.

message 2: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments Oh good, I did see the email from both Mina Carter & Eliza Gayle, but its good to have a spot where I know where it is :D

message 3: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments :)

message 4: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Interesting! Will have to try it out.

message 5: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments I'll be curious to hear if/how it works for ya.

message 6: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Will let you know! (Once I get round to it!!!)

message 7: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments ok :)

message 8: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments Me as well :)

message 9: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Werelock (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mina Carter (other topics)