Finish That Series discussion

Over half of the year is done!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jamleejoy) I was just wondering how everyone was doing since it's now August? I can't believe how fast time has just flown by and I started out the year with zero series because I didn't read at all last year. This year I am doing much better.

How are you guys doing??

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jamleejoy) So, here is my update...
The Everneath Trilogy plus one novella
The Program Series plus one novella (still have one novella to go)
Shatter Me Trilogy plus the Unite me novella
Hex Hall Series plus School Spirits novella/companion
Saga up to the 4th bind up
The Goddest Test Series plus the two novellas
The Divergent Trilogy plus the Four novella
Precious Stone (or Ruby Red) Trilogy
Throne of Glass up until the third book with the novella
Never Never (can't wait for 3 to come out!)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Trilogy
The Summer I turned pretty Series

Currently reading: The Selection Series and The Sword of Truth Series (I do believe this one will be the death of me)

12 Series currently working on 13 and 14.

message 3: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) Wow, you're doing really well! And I hear you on the Sword of Truth series. I'm still procrastinating to pick up Blood of the Fold. Haha. Here's my year so far!

Infernal Devices trilogy- finished! *loved!*
Maze Runner trilogy plus novellas- finished! *meh...*
The Last Herald Mage trilogy- finished! *so amazing!
A Song of Ice and Fire series- finished! *crack in book form!*
Sword of Truth series- 10 more to go =[
Red Rising trilogy- 2 more to go
Resident Evil series- 3 more to go
Anna Dressed in Blood (duology?)- 1 more to go

I'm hitting a bit of a snag with the ones I haven't finished yet. I don't own all of the books in the series and am trying not to buy any more books till I have money coming in again. Hopefully I'll have a job soon so I can get them finished this year! Although the Sword of Truth series is going to end up being a tough one to finish. Lol. As of now, I only have the next books I need to read in the Sword of Truth series and Anna Dressed in Blood duology. But I have plenty of other series/trilogies that I can start if need be. =p

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jamleejoy) Lara wrote: "Wow, you're doing really well! And I hear you on the Sword of Truth series. I'm still procrastinating to pick up Blood of the Fold. Haha. Here's my year so far!

Infernal Devices trilogy- finished!..."

Blood of the Fold was a necessary evil for me. I hated that book but I knew I had to read it to know what happens in the rest of the story. The Pillars of Creation you can read maybe the first few chapters and then skim to the last 15 or so chapters and understand what is going on. Richard and Kahlan are not even in that book until the very very end. It was a huge disappointment.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments Does anyone know if the series counts if all of the books are not out? There is one series that the next book/last book doesn't come out til next year. Can I still count that series? Thank you for your help with this.

message 6: by Lara (last edited Aug 20, 2015 09:12AM) (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) Stephanie wrote: "Does anyone know if the series counts if all of the books are not out? There is one series that the next book/last book doesn't come out til next year. Can I still count that series? Thank you for..."

Yep, it still counts! One of my series (A Song of Ice and Fire) still has two more books to be released and god knows when thats going to happen. Lol. I think as long as the first and second books have come out before/in 2015, you can count it in your tally. You may want to double check on that tho because it could also be that they had to have been out before 2015 started. =p Hm, that makes me wonder about something I just added on mine recently.... *checking!* Lol.

Ok, I just watched the video and she says the series must have at least two books out prior to December 1st, 2015 to count. Here's the link if you want to watch the video about it: Finish That Series Challenge

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments Lara wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Does anyone know if the series counts if all of the books are not out? There is one series that the next book/last book doesn't come out til next year. Can I still count that ser..."

Thank you so much!! I greatly appreciate it. And thanks for finding the video for me. I guess I could have gone back and done that. LOL Thank you again!!

message 8: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) No problem! ^_^