Anything Legal, Legal Thrillers, Legal Mysteries and More discussion

Archive > Authors Exchanging Really Good Ideas

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Una (new)

Una Tiers (unatiers) | 140 comments Much of what I learned about marketing came from other authors. This is a place to talk about an idea that worked well. You can also ask questions or try to flesh out half baked ideas.

message 2: by Una (new)

Una Tiers (unatiers) | 140 comments Can we start with editing? I use NaturalReader.com it has a complimentary version and often helps me find repetitive sentence starts or overused words.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton | 2631 comments Great tool to have Una. Thanks!

message 4: by Una (new)

Una Tiers (unatiers) | 140 comments Michael wrote: "Great tool to have Una. Thanks!"

Hey Michael, what is one of your editing methods, gems or tricks of the trade when you write?

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton | 2631 comments My editing trick I have up my sleeve is very unique. You can't find it online, in a book, on your computer. It is called my wife. She is the first source of my editing process,

Thanks for the question Una,

message 6: by Una (new)

Una Tiers (unatiers) | 140 comments Calling all authors! What is one item you deem necessary in a book release (liquor and cake are given).

For me, I like to have a few reviews, via ARCs, so when the book goes live it isn't lonely.

Readers, what attracts you to a new book?

Thanks,

Una Tiers

message 7: by Pete (new)

Pete Morin | 123 comments Una wrote: "Calling all authors! What is one item you deem necessary in a book release (liquor and cake are given).

For me, I like to have a few reviews, via ARCs, so when the book goes live it isn't lonely.
..."

A well-organized pre-order strategy, so that when the book goes live, it’s got a good rating (and yeah, 5-10 fast reviews!).

message 8: by Una (new)

Una Tiers (unatiers) | 140 comments Calling all Authors!

Do you use ARCs? If you're an e-Author, do you create a pdf to share?

Best,

Una Tiers

message 9: by Pete (new)

Pete Morin | 123 comments I share whatever file type a willing reader prefers. I might see only a 50-60% response rate, though.

message 10: by Una (new)

Una Tiers (unatiers) | 140 comments Pete: 50-60% of what? Review requests?
Best,
Una Tiers

message 11: by Pete (new)

Pete Morin | 123 comments Yes, Una.

Maybe half of those (complete strangers, anyway) requesting a review copy follow through. Occupational annoyance.

I’ve pretty much quit sending them to blogger/reviewers.