message 1: by Anders (new)

Anders Carlson-Wee (anderscarlsonwee) | 3 comments * Title: Dynamite
* Author(s) name(s): Anders Carlson-Wee
* ISBN (or ASIN): 978-1-4243-1804-9
* Publisher: Bull City Press
* Publication date: August 15, 2015
* Format: Soft Cover
* Description:

“The poems in Anders Carlson Wee’s Dynamite are, as their title suggests, dramatic and volatile, filled with an explosive and masculine energy. And yet it’s the subtle but ever-surfacing lyricism radiating out from stunning understatements coupled with precise and nuanced detail that makes these poems unforgettable. Dynamite is a collection that first affects the reader strongly and swiftly—and then achingly and hauntingly over time.” —Jennifer Grotz, author of The Needle

“So attuned to the music and texture of syllables, the sound-sculptures of syntax, and the complex under-meanings of metaphor, that shaping phrases and sentences to enact (rather than merely express) their own meanings is already second nature to him. Anders Carlson-Wee makes the rugged physical and emotional world of the upper plains our world.” —B.H. Fairchild, author of Early Occult Memory Systems of the Lower Midwest

“You’ll wish you knew the birdcall for this book’s kind of danger—the danger of beauty, the danger of change.” —Traci Brimhall, author of Our Lady of the Ruins

* Page count: 40
* Link to cover: http://bullcitypress.com/books/dynamite/

Thanks very much for your help!!
Anders

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Was added around 6hrs ago, but I did add the cover.

The Description was not valid for GR policy, since it contained reviews, so I left it blank.

message 3: by Anders (new)

Anders Carlson-Wee (anderscarlsonwee) | 3 comments Dear Philip,

Thanks very much for adding the cover image. Could this Description be added:

The poems of Anders Carlson-Wee's debut chapbook Dynamite flare with the volatile heat of discovery and loss as they follow the journeys of a speaker whose wanderlust leads him to the fringes of the American experiment. Whether hopping freight trains with his brother or sleeping in the homes of strangers, the speaker is haunted by the tragic and oddly gracious people he meets. Selected by Jennifer Grotz as the winner of The Frost Place Chapbook Competition, Anders Carlson-Wee's Dynamite rides into the unmappable territories and wide expanses of the spirit.

Thanks so much for your help!
-Anders

message 4: by Mike Briggs (new)

Mike Briggs (mikebriggs) | 188 comments Description added.

Re: Publication date - I see a date of September 3 2015, and up above I see August 15 2015. Which date was the book published?

message 5: by Anders (new)

Anders Carlson-Wee (anderscarlsonwee) | 3 comments Dear Mike,

Sorry for the pub date confusion. Amazon is listing the pub date as Sep. 3rd, so maybe just go with September 3rd for consistency.

Thanks very much,
Anders