Write, Wrote, Written discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sierra (last edited Aug 17, 2015 08:50AM) (new)

Sierra  Nihil (sierra_nihil) 10

It's just another task. No obstacles, no unknown variables. The whole thing is straight-forward and simple. Just another day, just another job.

As I gather my bag, memories of the road that brought me here flood my mind. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I dreamed of a different life as a child, but I suppose some things aren't meant to be. I know you understand, I'm sure you feel the same.

As children we would play all sorts of things together. Running, chasing, laughing. That was when all was right with the world; when things were good. It's hard to believe how far we've come from then.

Do you remember the smell? Freshly cut grass and home made apple pies? I haven't forgotten. If only we could go back. But we are different people now; each headed in our own direction. Each cutting our own path through uncharted land. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if you hadn't made your choice.

We were inseparable. They saw that from the start. We were the best team there ever was. The others couldn't keep up. That's why they chose us. We were born to be a team, you and I. But you wanted more.

Every so often I catch a glimpse of your face in the mirror. Is that how it felt when you turned away? Like walking from your reflection? Or was it like you were betraying yourself. I suppose it doesn't matter anymore. You made you decision, and I've made mine.

As we grew you got bolder. Because of that, I got wiser. I would have followed you anywhere, but you knew that didn't you. It's what you counted on. But you did something terrible, I'm sure you don't remember it that way but you did. They didn't like that and threatened to have you cut. You grew bitter. Believed that you were right and they were wrong, and perhaps they were. You said you would change the world that day. Did you?

They say your gone, but I don't believe it. The look on your face as you turned away, the one you thought I didn't see, said it all. You would be a fool to think any different, I know you too well. You didn't want to leave, but you were so caught up in our dreams that you forgot what was real. I used to believe that little spark of longing still existed; but now I'm not so sure.

You've done so much since you left, but accomplished so little. What did you hope to prove? I'm here today because of you. You are what put me on this path. I don't resent you, but I wish this hadn't happened. This should have been your job; your life. But you followed a different path, guided by your burning ambition.

As I catch a glimpse of you through the scope, I realize this was inevitable. Our fate was decided the day you left them, me. We are two sides of the same coin, our paths are intertwined. As you turn, I see my face; what was once a perfect reflection is now a twisted image. You were foolish to think that we would never meet again. Foolish to believe they would let you live on like this. I forgive you though. I wish it didn't have to end like this.

I'm sorry.

message 2: by Ravanna Dee (new)

Ravanna Dee (ravannadee) Wow. That was...wow.

message 3: by Sierra (new)

Sierra  Nihil (sierra_nihil) Thanks