2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Flashforward
This topic is about Flashforward
. Week 37: In the Future > Flashforward by Robert J. Sawyer

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kirin Flashforward was written in 1999 and is set in 2009. I picked this book because I really enjoyed the short-lived tv series and want to see what the book is like.

Premise: Everyone in the world blacks out for two minutes and wakes up with a vision of the future.

message 2: by Kirin (last edited Aug 20, 2015 07:17AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kirin Great concept, poorly written.

This is one instance where I could say the TV series is better than the book. However, the TV series really only took the premise (that I mentioned in my post above) and went in their own direction. I was hoping that the book might provide a glimpse of how the series could have ended if it hadn't been cancelled after one season, but since it was so different, I'm left to my own imagination ;)

message 3: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments I absolutely loved the TV series and was absolutely gutted that it got cancelled after only one season. I only found out it was based on a book this year which made me intrigued to read the book but I've only heard bad things about it.

Kirin Francesca wrote: "I absolutely loved the TV series and was absolutely gutted that it got cancelled after only one season. I only found out it was based on a book this year which made me intrigued to read the book bu..."

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend reading it, especially if you loved the TV series.

I was thinking of re-watching the series. I haven't watched it since it aired.

message 5: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Kirin wrote: "I was thinking of re-watching the series. I haven't watched it since it aired."

Me neither! I keep meaning to find it and watch again but I haven't got around to it. I definitely will soon though!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Flashforward (other topics)