Sarah J Maas Buddy Read discussion

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
This topic is about Queen of Shadows
Pre-QoS Discussions > Chapters 1-3 (QOS Excerpt)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments This is for discussing the first three chapters of QoS (which were released as an excerpt) If you haven't read it or don't want to read it until the book comes out then don't read the comments below because they will be spoil you on the first three chapters (and only the first three chapters).

Sascha | 14 comments I'm really curious to what Chaol was talking to Arobyn about! Well he was talking about Dorian but like what has Arobyn got anything to do with that??? Idk I'm really curious to what their conversation was like!!

message 3: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 16, 2015 11:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments When I first found out about the excerpt, I freaked out and was going crazy trying to find it and then had to wait for my mac to update so it would have ibooks because it was still running on some old version that didn't have ibooks. And when I finally got to read it I was so unbelievable giddy.

First chapter was just so many feels for Dorian. I have no idea what's going to happen with him but I really hope he's going to be okay in the end.

The thing that surprised me the most though was Arobynn Hamel. I didn't expect to meet him so early in the book and when he did show up in chapter 2 I thought "there is no way Aelin is having her first interaction with him until a third to half way through the book" but they talk in chapter 3! The fact that Arobynn was going to be in QoS was teased and we all were expecting him at this point I think. I just wasn't expecting him so soon.

message 4: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 16, 2015 11:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Sascha wrote: "I'm really curious to what Chaol was talking to Arobyn about! Well he was talking about Dorian but like what has Arobyn got anything to do with that??? Idk I'm really curious to what their conversa..."

I'm also really curious about what Chaol was talking to Arobynn about. I feel like it has to be something related to Aelin or Chaol is really desperate about something that he has to go to the King of the Assassin's for help or both?

Momoko Nishino (peach240) | 11 comments I have so many questions after reading the first three chapters and it's driving me crazy!! My first question: why is Arobynn offering to help Aelin rescue Aedion?? What is he planning?? Second, why does he want a Valg captured?? Is it because he knows the power the Amulet of Orynth has?? (please Sarah don't let it be so!) Third, who is this person in the tunnel that Arobynn mentioned?? Agh! I'm burning with questions.

Momoko Nishino (peach240) | 11 comments Ifrah wrote: "Sascha wrote: "I'm really curious to what Chaol was talking to Arobyn about! Well he was talking about Dorian but like what has Arobyn got anything to do with that??? Idk I'm really curious to what..."

Same here!! The sad thing is that Aelin doesn't know that Chaol is on her side and avoids him... I hope they reunite properly soon...

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Momoko wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Sascha wrote: "I'm really curious to what Chaol was talking to Arobyn about! Well he was talking about Dorian but like what has Arobyn got anything to do with that??? Idk I'm really c..."

Sarah commented on the reunion: (view spoiler)

Also, I think Aelin avoids Chaol because, as far as she knows, Arobynn doesn't know about her relationship with/connection to Chaol and she doesn't want him to know which is why she's trying to blend in at the game table so Chaol won't notice her and come to her. Probably because she's worried that if Arobynn knows about Chaol, he might use him against her in some way (kind of like what he did with Sam).

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Momoko wrote: "I have so many questions after reading the first three chapters and it's driving me crazy!! My first question: why is Arobynn offering to help Aelin rescue Aedion?? What is he planning?? Second, wh..."

Wow! Okay, I might need to reread the first three chapters again because I didn't remember the first two things until you mentioned it and I still don't remember anything about a person in the tunnel. But you're right, Arobynn offering to help seems a little suspicious. I don't think Arobynn does anything for free, there's always an ulterior motive.

Sascha | 14 comments Yeah I definitely don't trust Arobynn. I really think that Aelin needs to talk to Chaol sooner than later, because I think he's playing both of them to get what he wants ( which is what btw?).

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments I'm also wondering what the time gap is between HoF and QoS because in chapter 3, Aelin notices that there was blood splattered on Chaol's clothes and if this is immediately after the end of HoF it could be Sorscha's blood but that would mean that Aelin had left Wendlyn a while before that happened which is possible because news about Aelin destroying the Valg reaches Adarlan towards the end of HoF right? But it wouldn't really explain Chaol's guard...

Sascha | 14 comments Maybe there is a time gap between the POVs. So buy the time Sorcha is killed Aelins already half way across the ocean?? Maybe Chaol doesn't have access to a washing machine or new clothes?? haha

Momoko Nishino (peach240) | 11 comments Ifrah wrote: "I'm also wondering what the time gap is between HoF and QoS because in chapter 3, Aelin notices that there was blood splattered on Chaol's clothes and if this is immediately after the end of HoF it..."

You can read the first 7 chapters of QoS if you have apple devices. If you don't have apple devices you can read it
here: http://rowan-whitethorns-carranam.tum...
(it's typed up)
or here: http://embrace-me-hale.tumblr.com/
(screenshot)
According to it (view spoiler)

Lauren (lauren_stephh) | 9 comments In Crown of Midnight, the King tells Aelin that the journey takes 2 weeks. I'm guessing that it's new blood on Chaol's clothes. Would he still be wearing his old Captain's uniform :/ I'm not sure.