Sarah J Maas Buddy Read discussion

Pre-QoS Discussions > Pre-Qos Theories

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Share your theories on what is going to happen in Queen of Shadows.

message 2: by Momoko (new)

Momoko Nishino (peach240) | 11 comments I think Arobynn was the assassin that killed Aelin's parents. It's too much of a coincidence for him to be in Terassen the day the royal family was killed.
But that leaves the mystery of why he saved Aelin, the princess of Terassen...

message 3: by Momoko (new)

Momoko Nishino (peach240) | 11 comments Also, I think magic will be restored in Erilea at the end of chapter 47 (end of part 1).

message 4: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Momoko wrote: "Also, I think magic will be restored in Erilea at the end of chapter 47 (end of part 1)."

That seems so quick! And I don't know what to expect after magic is returned. I feel like the entire world would start feeling a little different.

My insight on this after reading the first seven chapters of QoS: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments I'm not totally sure if I buy the Arobynn is the assassin hired to kill Aelin's family theory yet. I think it definitely has merit and it's definitely possible and I'm 90% believing it but what if he happened to find out about this assassination (not as the hired assassin) and then was in Terrasen that night intentionally and maybe was a little late to save Aelin's family but happened to save Aelin? (It sounds a ridiculous just saying it, I know)

Either way though, I can't come up with why Arobynn might have saved Aelin in the first place.

message 6: by Momoko (new)

Momoko Nishino (peach240) | 11 comments Ifrah wrote: "Momoko wrote: "Also, I think magic will be restored in Erilea at the end of chapter 47 (end of part 1)."

That seems so quick! And I don't know what to expect after magic is returned. I feel like t..."

I looked at the names of part 1 and part 2 in Amazon preview and (not really a spoiler but just in case somebody doesn't want to see it) (view spoiler)

message 7: by Momoko (new)

Momoko Nishino (peach240) | 11 comments Ifrah wrote: "I'm not totally sure if I buy the Arobynn is the assassin hired to kill Aelin's family theory yet. I think it definitely has merit and it's definitely possible and I'm 90% believing it but what if ..."

True... Arobynn remains a mystery...

message 8: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Momoko wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Momoko wrote: "Also, I think magic will be restored in Erilea at the end of chapter 47 (end of part 1)."

That seems so quick! And I don't know what to expect after magic is returned...."

regarding the name of the part 2 in QoS: (view spoiler)

Gah! This book/series is so unpredictable and I love it but it's also a little frustrating because I just want to know it all! haha

message 9: by Becca (new)

Becca (princesshavilliard) | 7 comments Ifrah wrote: "Momoko wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Momoko wrote: "Also, I think magic will be restored in Erilea at the end of chapter 47 (end of part 1)."

That seems so quick! And I don't know what to expect after mag..."

Again regarding the name of the two parts: (view spoiler)

message 10: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Becca wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Momoko wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Momoko wrote: "Also, I think magic will be restored in Erilea at the end of chapter 47 (end of part 1)."

That seems so quick! And I don't know what to ex..."

Good point! I didn't read the synopsis on Amazon. I just assumed it was the same as on Goodreads.

message 11: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 21, 2015 02:01PM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments I finished re-reading Throne of Glass recently and something stood out to me. So here's the start of a theory:

There's a scene in Heir of Fire, in the beginning when Aelin and Rowan are traveling through the forest and Aelin is about to meet Maeve for the first time... They sleep in the forest one night and Aelin notices or feels eyes of tiny creatures watching her in the forest. When I read this I thought it was the first time Aelin encounters magical creatures (not counting the Ridderak) and that it's not so strange that it happens in Wendlyn because Wendlyn is full of magical creatures. BUT, there's a similar scene in Throne of Glass! In the beginning, when Celaena is traveling from Endovier to Rifthold she notices tiny creatures in the forest. I don't think she ever sees their whole body so we don't actually know what they look like but she sees their eyes. And when she wakes up the next morning there are flowers by her cot/bed and she knows it's from them and she notices tiny foot prints in the dirt which she rubs away so no one else will notice and question things. Now, I'm assuming the creatures in both books are the same. And I think that Aelin is familiar with these creatures (I don't know if this is just a hunch or if it's coming from her explicitly saying in the book that they were familiar or something along those lines).

We know that the magical creatures in the forests of Erilea have been killed or they've fled. But when she was in that area of the forest in ToG, Celaena mentions that there was still some magic left in this area of the forest (something along those lines) so maybe they haven't all fled. Maybe they're hiding. And these creatures are little tiny things and no one but Celaena notices them so maybe it's easier for them to hide than bigger creatures but, here's the theory, what if there are creatures living in Erilea still, hiding. Maybe the Fae that lived in Erilea are still there, hiding somewhere in the forests. Parts of the forests that the King never bothered to explore.

If I had the books with me right now I could probably flesh out this theory a little more with exact quotes from the two scenes but what do you guys think?

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren_stephh) | 9 comments Ifrah wrote: "I finished re-reading Throne of Glass recently and something stood out to me. So here's the start of a theory:

There's a scene in Heir of Fire, in the beginning when Aelin and Rowan are traveling ..."

I know exactly which bit you mean!
I completely forgot about what that could mean for Aelin.
Maybe now that she's back and once she fully commits to being Aelin instead of Celeana, the creatures and Fae would be able to help her. Which kind of explains the Queen of Light thing maybe.

message 13: by Momoko (new)

Momoko Nishino (peach240) | 11 comments My guess about how Aelin and the rebels are going to rescue Dorian is that Aelin somehow retrieves the Amulet of Orynth from Arobynn and somehow uses that to free Dorian from the power of the Valg Prince. It's full of somehows but that's what I think (and hope) is going to happen because otherwise they will either have to cut his head off or restore magic and have Aelin burn him with her flames and THAT CANNOT HAPPEN!!!

message 14: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Momoko wrote: "My guess about how Aelin and the rebels are going to rescue Dorian is that Aelin somehow retrieves the Amulet of Orynth from Arobynn and somehow uses that to free Dorian from the power of the Valg ..."

I can totally see this happening! The somehows are all the little details that will make the whole thing epic XD

I think Dorian's saving is going to happen the way you said OR he's somehow going to fight the Valg off himself, mentally. Like, a battle with the Valg Prince that takes place in his head? Either way I'm sure he's going to survive the Valg. He has to!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

My Pre-Order Shipped on Saturday o.0

message 16: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 27, 2015 09:15PM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments deleted user wrote: "My Pre-Order Shipped on Saturday o.0"

last saturday!? wow! that seems early.

Mine will probably ship this weekend.

message 17: by Roseena (new)

Roseena Peralta My copy sitting inthe library. I don't know about aro.i don't see why hiding things from her was good for her all this time