Sarah J Maas Buddy Read discussion

QoS Buddy Read > Guidelines for the Buddy Read/Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 17, 2015 07:27PM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments I don't want to create too many rules because I want this to be fun and not serious but I think we need to establish some guidelines beforehand for the sake of avoiding spoilers.

I haven't quite figured out how I want to format this. I'll probably break the book down into different groups of chapters and make a thread for each group (for example, chapters 1-5 would be one thread) I feel like this is the easiest and safest (spoiler-free) way of doing it. Of course, if anyone has any alternatives let me know. Also, should i do groups of five chapters which would allow for more frequent discussion or groups of 10 chapters which would probably allow for more discussion material?

Restrict your discussion to the dedicated chapters for the thread in which you are posting or earlier chapters. Do not talk about something that happens after the dedicated chapters of the thread. Even if it's one page into the next chapter, don't talk about it.

I'll also create a section for people to talk about whatever they want to talk about after reading the book. Whether it's theories or connecting different events or scenes or just wanting to discuss something more general. This way anyone who is still reading the book won't come across something spoiler-y in the buddy read section of the group. (hopefully)

I'll also probably create a pre-reading section to discuss any theories or whatever that we have before reading the book. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't post in this section after reading the book, at least, don't bring up anything or reference anything from Queen of Shadows. You can comment on other people's post but try to limit it to just whatever you thought up through Heir of Fire. If you think you might accidentally spoil something, it's better to just not post anything.

Mostly, just try your best to not spoil others and ruin the reading experience for others. If you're not sure if a certain section is the best place for you to talk about a certain thing, just avoid posting in that section or ask me.

EDIT: I just remembered the spoiler feature on goodreads! So, when in doubt, use the spoiler feature so people know that there might be something spoilery and they will click on the "show spoiler" link with warning and at their own risk. If you haven't used the spoiler feature before, just click "some html okay" above the text box in which you are typing and it will show you different html commands you can use and towards the bottom of the list is the spoiler command. In action, it looks like this: (view spoiler)

message 2: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments zalatawabooks wrote: "This sounds all good, which is getting me excited! I think for the discussion thread- maybe 5 chapter per thread? Or maybe we should wait to see how many chapters will be in total of QoS, so that w..."

I was thinking five too which would create a bunch of threads because I'm guessing there will be over 60 chapters (I think HoF was somewhere in sixties in the chapter count if I remember correctly) but oh well.

At this point I kind of feel like I want to discuss after every chapter and also kind of feel like I'm going to read it all in one sitting. XD

Thanks for the offer to help. I'll let you know if I need anything. Actually, I'll probably just make you a moderator on the group.

Only 15 more days to go!!!!!!

message 3: by Izzy (new)

Izzy | 1 comments This sounds good but like I swear I'll be commenting as I read because I'm so excited and also I preordered it months ago and I have the 1st three on iBooks and kindle amazon and paperback and generally I don't think you understand how excited I am i am prepered and ready like omg

message 4: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 17, 2015 10:50AM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Izzy wrote: "This sounds good but like I swear I'll be commenting as I read because I'm so excited and also I preordered it months ago and I have the 1st three on iBooks and kindle amazon and paperback and gene..."

I'm pretty sure I'll be on the same boat! Heir of Fire is the ONLY book that I ever stayed up all night to read and Queen of Shadows is the ONLY book that I own/will own multiple copies of XD

But you've definitely got me beat on the multiple copies and preparedness front haha

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Xxan | 7 comments OKAY, so I get QoS on the 26th. Do I just post on the Chapter threads as I read, before anyone else, or is there a start date to post?

message 6: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 17, 2015 07:28PM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Michelle wrote: "OKAY, so I get QoS on the 26th. Do I just post on the Chapter threads as I read, before anyone else, or is there a start date to post?"

Ummm, no, I think it's okay for you to start posting as you read it. You'll probably have more thoughts as you go rather than trying to remember it later anyway.

Why do you get the book on the 26th, btw? I might be a little jealous :P

(and once you get it, could you let me know how many chapters there are so I can make enough chapter threads? thanks)