2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #1)
This topic is about The Secret of the Old Clock
. Week 35: Childhood Book > The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bam cooks the books ;-) (bamcooks) My mother gave me this book for my tenth birthday which began a lifelong love of mysteries for me!

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph Loved the Nancy Drew series! I should read those again...

Bam cooks the books ;-) (bamcooks) This challenge gave me my excuse. :-)

message 4: by Jean (new)

Jean Cole (joc724) | 115 comments Thanks for the reminder -- need to add Nancy to my TBR list!

Bam cooks the books ;-) (bamcooks) Lana wrote: "Just read the Mystery at Lilac Inn. It was fun!"

I remember that was one of the hardest books to find when I was collecting the series.

JoJo (jojo2013) | 8 comments I have loved Nancy Drew since I was a young teenager. I also read The Hardy Boys, but Nancy Drew was my absolute fave. I used to own about 1/2 to 3/4 of the series. Unfortunately I sold them all when I moved, there was so many!

Bam cooks the books ;-) (bamcooks) I also got my daughter hooked on Nancy Drew books and passed my collection on to her.

message 8: by Bam cooks the books ;-) (last edited Sep 02, 2015 05:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bam cooks the books ;-) (bamcooks) Now that I've reread the book, I wish I had read it along with my daughter so that we could have discussed some issues I have with the story now as an adult. Oh, the chances Nancy took! But what a great adventure!