2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
This topic is about The Perks of Being a Wallflower
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2015 > The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Part 2 (Contains Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jodi (readinbooks) | 1922 comments This is the discussion thread for Part 2 of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

message 2: by Mahsa (new) - added it

Mahsa Ghoraian | 72 comments Hey everybody!I'm the discussion leader for this month and I'm superexcited about it(since it's my first time :)) ).Actually I have read thd book once,and in my opinion every one needs a simple book such as this one,once in a while.You can just lose yourself in a teenager's memories and once more,realise how it feels to be a teenager. (Although I-as an Iranian- had a completely different high school period, but the feelings are pretty much the same :) )
Finally,I hope everybody can join our group read and I'm looking forward to reading all the comments.
Happy reading :)

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer | 95 comments I've finished part 2. I'm not entirely sure what to make of the book at this point. I was expecting something a bit more upbeat, not so morose. I would like a better explanation of Charlie; his thinking is so complex in some instances and so infantile in others. He seems entirely emotionally stunted and its wearing a little thin for me. Will keep reading.

Cynthia (cynthiabeaudry) | 157 comments Jennifer wrote: "I've finished part 2. I'm not entirely sure what to make of the book at this point. I was expecting something a bit more upbeat, not so morose. I would like a better explanation of Charlie; his thi..."

I do feel a bit like you Jennifer. Sometimes it's very hard to follow the thread of Charlie's thought because it runs everywhere and at other times I wonder how he couldn't have seen things coming...

I must say I'm very troubled about Michael's suicide note. I can believe that Charlie wouldn't make the link at first. But when Bill tells him that it was probably a kid's suicide note a bell should have had rang!

Also, I don't really know what to think about Patrick and Sam... They seem like good friends to Charlie but, from what I understand, they don't seem "recommendable." Plus, how can Sam say she loves Charlie but makes out with someone else a few days later when he's around? I seriously don't get that...

But overall, I like the book

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.