Write, Wrote, Written discussion

Rubyfirewoods12's Writing > Experiment #548

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ruby (rubyyy) | 2486 comments Mod
FIRST: This idea/base for this story is not mine, it is credited to Julane, and is originally Experiment #362. She has generously given me permission to use the story idea, since I think it's absolutely EPIC and all that stuffs! So thanks Julane!!!!!!

"Bandit, c'mere boy, c'mere!"

A little golden retriever puppy came bounding from out of the bushes, tongue lolling out and ears flapping. He pounced on his master, slobbering her with puppy kisses.

"Bandit, Bandit stop it! Bandit!" Kit was laughing and trying to push him away, but he kept dodging her hands and just making her even more wet.

"Aroof!"

Kit laughed some more, then finally managed to sit up and push her puppy away. Bandit was only three months old, but he the strength of an ox. He wasn't even that big, which made Kit question her own strength, but she loved him dearly. Her parents hadn't allowed them to get a dog until her thirteenth birthday, and she had been begging for one ever since she came home from her best friend Olivia's house for the first time. Olivia's parents didn't have an allergy to most species on this planet. Olivia's parents were veterinarians. Olivia's parents had three dogs, a tank full of fish, and two birds.

Olivia's parents were rich, Mr. and Mrs. Fisher always reminded her.

But the two of them were still the best of friends, and Kit always loved going over to her house. And when she opened up her last birthday present that year, and found an actual, living breathing, furry, fluffy puppy in it - her life was complete.

"Kitty! Come on inside it's dinnertime!"

Kit wiped a last bit of puppy slobber off, clicked her tongue, and raced Bandit to the door. Once she got inside she collapsed in one of the chairs, gasping for breath and grinning like heaven had come to earth.

Mr. and Mrs. Fisher exchanged glances, Mrs. Fisher grimacing at the dog flopped at her daughter's feet, Mr. Fisher giving an "we-agreed-and-look-how-happy-it-made-our-daughter-so-stop-looking-like-that" face.

"What's for supper, Dad?" Kit asked, finally catching her breath and sitting up.

"Tacos, Kit! And if you're really good you can have the last dollop of sour cream-" but Kit was already zooming to the fridge, and back again with the last spoonful of sour cream. She gave her best "aren't you glad I'm your daughter" face up at her father, and quickly dropped the sour cream onto her taco.

Mr. Fisher frowned, then sighed and turned away, shaking his head.

"So, honey, tomorrow is the first day of school - are you excited?" Mrs. Fisher bit into her own taco, then gave another grimace at the mess it made, and went to wipe off her fingers.

"Oh yeah! I'd forgotten about that...would it be okay if I walk to school this time? Since we're so close? Olivia walked everyday last year, and-" she caught her parents exchanging glances, and crossed her arms. "Well I could meet up with her, you know - and we walk together? It isn't even that far!"

Mr. Fisher opened his mouth to speak, but his wife shut it again and said, "Honey...you know how we feel about this..."

"But Mo-om! I'm thirteen years old and I can watch for cars! I'm not gonna get run over!"

Mrs. Fisher winced, then looked over at her husband. "Well?"

He looked uncomfortable. "Well, er, Sarah, she is getting to be a big girl now, and - er - um..." he trailed off when he saw his wife's glare and quickly shoved the taco in his mouth.

"Yes!" Kit punched the air and looked expectantly over at her mother. "Mom, dad thinks it's okay! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?"

Mrs. Fisher sighed, then nodded her head in __________.

"YES! Great! I'm gonna go tell Olivia so we can meet up!" And with that she flew from the table, and down the hall.

As soon as their daughter was out of sight, Mrs. Fisher slapped her husband on the arm lightly. "Michael!"

He looked up sheepishly. "I'm sorry, dear, but the kid's kind of got a point..." He trailed off again and shoved the last bite of taco back into his mouth.

message 2: by Ravanna Dee (new)

Ravanna Dee (ravannadee) That's really cute.

message 3: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Haha thanks...I think?

message 4: by Ravanna Dee (new)

Ravanna Dee (ravannadee) Lol..Yes. I just meant, that I thought the story subject was cute. And the way you wrote about the dad and Kit was my favorite. You have lots of different ways of writing and I love reading them.
By the way, when did you start writing?

message 5: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

1. Ah, well thank you!

2. First grade! :) I still have some of the stories I wrote about me and my two friends XD they're pretty bad, but I'm gonna always save them :)

message 6: by Ravanna Dee (last edited Aug 19, 2015 10:59AM) (new)

Ravanna Dee (ravannadee) I love doing that. Going back and reading my old work. I always laugh when I do it, I had such an odd mind when I was young. You should see the story I wrote about my dog. It was four pages long and it was everywhere. I couldn't keep up with what I was trying to say. lol.

message 7: by ella (new)

ella  | 362 comments Stories from when I was really young are weird, but funny since I used to be serious about them. My writing has definitely improved. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 19, 2015 11:02AM) (new)

In 2011, I started writing fanfictions(MAINLY from the movie: "Night at the Museum") before I started writing my own stories with my own storyline and characters in 2014(after watching "The Avengers 1" in 2013 and "Thor 2: The Dark World" in 2014). AND NOW, I CAN'T STOP WRITING MY OWN STORIES.

message 9: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Ravanna: XD Yes.

Ella: Haha, yeah

Shine: XD You are OBESSED with all those superheroes stuffs (good thing, NOT a bad thing!!) I personally can't keep up with all that XD

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

@Ruby: I know. My own Heroes takes place in Pangea.

message 11: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll post my explains on chat. I don't want to spam your thread.

message 13: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

Okay thanks!

message 14: by Ruby, Just plain Epictastic. (new)

"Kit, you're late!"

"I'm coming, Dad, just give me a minute!"

"...Kit!"

"Dad, a minute!"