SNA Y8.02 (2015-2016) discussion

Assignment > Week 4: Character Analysis

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nurr (new)

Nurr Shahidna | 24 comments Mod
Please post week 4 character analysis here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Better Late Than Never (Cambridge Readers Level 5 Upper Intermediate) by J.M. Newsome
My favourite character in this book was Zaphira Bakkal. Even if her personality is a bit cold and she gets angry easily, she is willing to help Anika, her friend who was injured badly on her shoulder, like helping her put bandages and help her to escape from some dangerous men. She was also courageous and brave since she fought men by hitting and attacking them to save Anika.

message 3: by Wienda (new)

Wienda Nurhanie | 17 comments I read a book called 'cry freedom'.
The character i choose in this book is Stephen Bantu Baku. He was a black politician who wanted to bring the black and the white people together. Stephen was an intelligent man and his also a person who wanted peace.

message 4: by Fido (new)

Fido | 23 comments I read a book called Dead Heads. It was a confusing and complicated book.
There is a character in that book, ad his name is Dick Elgood. He is a single Boss who doesn’t want to get married. But he likes to have many affairs with many women. He is a playboy. He is scandalous, sly and a person who doesn’t have a life.
Deadheads

message 5: by R. (new)

R. Eagan | 21 comments I read a book called Emergency Murder by Janet Mcgriffin. I decided that I would write about a character called Maxine Cassidy. She is an ER doctor that has a determined and curious personality that leads her to have suspicions about the death of Nanette Myer. She has many connections with patients and other doctors alike, so she has a lot of sources to get evidence from. She had also recently been divorced, but she moved on and I like this personality. For me, I would surely read it again and I would like to follow her example.

message 6: by R. (new)

R. Eagan | 21 comments I read a book called Emergency Murder by Janet Mcgriffin. I decided that I would write about a character called Maxine Cassidy. She is an ER doctor that has a determined and curious personality that leads her to have suspicions about the death of Nanette Myer. She has many connections with patients and other doctors alike, so she has a lot of sources to get evidence from. She had also recently been divorced, but she moved on and I like this personality. For me, I would surely read it again and I would like to follow her example.

message 7: by Teresa (last edited Aug 18, 2015 06:55AM) (new)

Teresa A | 16 comments Barchester Towers
I am going to write a character analysis about a character named Madeline Neroni from the book 'Barchester Towers' by Anthony Trollope. (I did not find the exact picture of the cover above). She is the daughter of an absentee clergyman who had been recalled to his duties. She is a very pretty lady who lived in Italy during her youth. There, she broke the hearts of many men without letting hers be lost even once. For some reason, she got married to a man with an awful temper. Six months later, she returned to her father's home, crippled and a mother. At first, I did not like her as she likes to toy with the hearts of men. Even after she got married and was crippled, she let men fall for her. Even the power-hungry Mr Slope fell for her. However, she is clever and has a good intuition. She also knew what Mr Slope was really up to. I just do not like that she let men admire her when she was married and that she was a heartbreaker.

message 8: by Gwyneth (new)

Gwyneth | 35 comments I read the book called " The Sugar Glider". My favourite character is Judy Radcliffe, Don's daughter who is 14 year old. She is verry intelligent and brave, and that girl who always be willing to take risks.

message 9: by Winston (new)

Winston | 16 comments I read a book called 'Murder by art' written by Janet McGriffin. It is about a crime scene that took place in the space art.

I don't have a favorite character so I am just going to write a bout the main character, Dr. Maxine Cassidy. She is a doctor at Mercy Hospital ER. She is a very hard working woman, she even tried to solve the crime when she had a break with her work.

message 10: by Sien (new)

Sien | 10 comments I read the book called The Fly by John Escott. This book is complicated and somehow confusing. The character that i choose is Helene. Her favorite activity is to catch flies.

message 11: by ReynaldiS (last edited Aug 18, 2015 11:24AM) (new)

ReynaldiS | 17 comments Nurr wrote: "Please post week 4 character analysis here."

Dolphin Music (Cambridge English Readers Level 5) by Antoinette Moses
I have read this book and it's not really good. I like the main character named Saul Grant, he is a writer and critic musics,he love Dolphins and care to others. Saul helped old people as part of regular community work. He risks his live to save dolphins from torturing in small places to produce musics. Saul and Sue rescued the dolphins and they took them on a train to Italy. Captain Marrs followed them and fought, he is finally killed.
At the end,Saul and Sue set the dolphins free, and as one wounded dolphin dies it creates beautiful music.

message 12: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Anggraini | 42 comments I read the book decline and fall. This book is so weird and complicated. I dont like the characters in this book and i dont think i will really like the novel at the first place. I cant tell about the character but it just a story of a student in oxford get drunk then got kicked out or something. Its a story of Paul penny feathers and he was the drunk one and in this book he sounds like he only thinks once for his decision. He also like to get drunk i think because in the end it says that he drink himself to death??
DONT READ IT TRUST ME YOU WILL DIE OF BOREDOM!!! Even i fell asleep every time i want to read and i also got distracted from reading that book easily. I rather study than reading the book DECLINE AND FALL .

message 13: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Anggraini | 42 comments I read the book decline and fall. This book is so weird and complicated. I dont like the characters in this book and i dont think i will really like the novel at the first place. I cant tell about the character but it just a story of a student in oxford get drunk then got kicked out or something. Its a story of Paul penny feathers and he was the drunk one and in this book he sounds like he only thinks once for his decision. He also like to get drunk i think because in the end it says that he drink himself to death??
DONT READ IT TRUST ME YOU WILL DIE OF BOREDOM!!! Even i fell asleep every time i want to read and i also got distracted from reading that book easily. I rather study than reading the book DECLINE AND FALL .

message 14: by Silvia (new)

message 15: by Silvia (new)

message 16: by Silvia (new)

message 17: by Silvia (new)

message 18: by Silvia (new)

message 19: by Silvia (new)

message 20: by Silvia (new)

message 21: by Silvia (new)

message 22: by Silvia (new)

message 23: by Atharva (new)

Atharva | 32 comments I have read a book name "enemy" my favourite character is Malcomm jaggard he is a politician servant.he is hard tough and intelligent.As we know ther is hate love relationship between politician and scientist.Malcom jaggard a politician servant wants to marry penny ashton a scientist and the daughter of the scientist George ashton.Malcon needs more knowledge and he cant get it. So he fights for it.But knowledge is power and setvants must not have power.As his search ashton turns into a desperate and voilent manhunt

message 24: by Wilbert (new)

Wilbert | 26 comments The book I read was "forget to remember"

message 25: by Wilbert (new)

Wilbert | 26 comments The book I read was "Gorget to Remember" written by Alan Maley. I do enjoy reading this book as it was filled with suspense and sadness. When reading the book I do feel the person's feeling.
My Favorite character was Jan she was the elder one. The reason I liked her was because she never gave up to take care of her mother. She sacrificed a whole lot things just to make her mother live her life.

I would rate this book a 3.5/5

message 26: by Alin (new)

Alin Kinan (caratskk982) | 12 comments Kate Jensen is a reporter that loves karate.

Once up on a time a kawaguchi sensei was killed by a single punch and she wants to find the killer.

message 27: by Wilbert (new)

Wilbert | 26 comments The setting of my book called "American Crime Stories"

message 28: by Gabrieian (new)

Gabrieian | 2 comments I have read the book called Death Wish Lawrence Block which is an episode in the book that I have read' American crime stories. My favourite character is mark,and it is when he pretended to be suicide and his loved woman’s husband. He tried to jump over the bridge when cop saw him, he visited psychiatrist to talk about his dreams and how desperate he was, he even drank sleeping pills but doctor managed to pump stomach and saved him.
Mark didn’t want to die, just revenge. He bought a gun with fake Edward’s Wright’s driving license and shot Edward, it seemed like a suicide. Mark did it because Edward killed his wife, she wanted to divorce because she loved Mark.
I highly recommend this book because it's interesting for me. I rate it 3.5 stars