SNA Y7.02 (2015-2016) discussion

Assignment > Week 4: Character Analysis

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nurr (new)

Nurr Shahidna | 23 comments Mod
Please post week 4 character analysis here.

message 2: by Sabina (new)

Sabina Tannady | 15 comments I read the book Far from the Madding Crowd, and the character that I will be talking about is Bathsheba Everdene. She is proud, beautiful and intelligent, but has to go through a lot of trouble choosing the person she will love.One of the traits that is comforting about her is that she is always honest even though she wants to lie, she ends up not doing so.One of the traits that I dislike about her is that she is too naive so she trusts strangers too easily.But in the end, she will end up finally with the right person.I do not recommend this book for anyone who doesn't like romance. I rate this book a 3/5

message 3: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Julio Jap (jordanjuliojapgoodreadscom) | 14 comments in the king's ransom book. There is a character called Douglas King. He is rich so he has a nice house and an attractive wife and now he's planning a big business and it's risking his whole life. there is two enemies called Sy Barnard and Eddie Folsom but they're not rich and not successful. they want to get his money by threatening his son's life but sadly they get the wrong person and it's the chauffeur's son so the police search hard enough that they lock up the person who keep the chauffeur's son.

message 4: by Thalia (new)

Thalia | 18 comments I read a book called The Garden Party and I don't have any favourite character since the book is about love and since I only read 2 pages of the book. I suggest/recommend this book for an adult and I don't recommend this book for people who dislike romantic books . I also rate it 1/5

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Brandie | 13 comments I read a book called I, Robot which is a very interesting book. I didn't know which character to choose and so I chose it randomly, and the character I chose was Dr. Susan Calvin. Susan used to be a cold girl, plain and colorless, and she disliked the world around her. Once she heard about the robots, she was so excited, and was the first robot psychologist. I really recommend this book for those people who like books about science and artificial intelligence, i rate this book 3/5. I, Robot: Short Stories

message 6: by Jonathanliem (new)

Jonathanliem | 15 comments The book i am reading is called ghost stories. It is about this person with their friend playing this game in their house,mit wasdark and one of them died while trying to hide. So a few years later at the same house their was this group of friends playing the same game in the dark and the guy counting the people in the end if the game in the dark counted an extra pair of hands, which is the hand of the person who died playing it. I cannot pick a favorite character as it is a ghost storie and it doesnt really have a main or supporting character that i like.

I rate this book 4/5 cause it has an immesive story and when you read it you want to know what will happen next. But i rated it 4 not 5 as it scares me soepmetime with its really creepy pictures of the ghost in the book.

( miss i left my book at school so i couldnt put my book cover)

message 7: by Nadine (new)

Nadine Christabelle | 7 comments I read a book called Deadlock which is a very exciting and interesting book.I am going to talk about this woman called V.I Warshawski also known as Vic.She is a private investigator from Chicago,USA.Vic is a tough,beautiful young lady who will never gives up until she is satisfied with the answers she gets.Vic's cousin Boom Boom had an accident and died but Vic was very fond of him and she doesnt understand how a strong young man can just simpy slip and fall into the water and die. Vic knows she is on a murder investigation and no one can stop her until she gets the answer she wanted.I really recommend this book to people who like reading crime and mystery and i will rate this book as 4/5. Although its a very nice book, sometimes the names of the people confuses me.

message 8: by Felecia (new)

Felecia Agatha | 21 comments The book i read for the past few days is “Wuthering Heights”. The character that I am going to talk about is the main character of this fascinating book, Mr Heathcliff. Mr Heathcliff seems to be quite around people as he does not like them that much. He is a proud yet unhappy old man that has the manners of a gentleman. He is a strict man that likes to be alone at most of times. I highly recommend this book to people who like tragedies and also drama. I rate this book 4/5 stars. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

message 9: by Regina (new)

Regina | 15 comments My character is Elinor from the book Sense and Sensibility. She is the oldest daughter of Mrs.Dashwood. She had an wonderful heart, full of affection, although her feelings were strong, she know how to control them and she frequently acted as her mother's adviser. Elinor is very sensitive and coronation express her feeling. There are two more main characters that are also the daughter of Mrs.Dashwood but I don't like those characters.
I don't really like the book because it is about romance and I don't recommend this book for people who hate romance. I rate this book 2.5/5.

message 10: by Ciaxhartono (new)

Ciaxhartono | 13 comments How if we are not done reading the book yet ?

message 11: by Ciaxhartono (new)

Ciaxhartono | 13 comments The book i read this week was called " The Great Gatsby " the character i am going to talk about is the main character in this book, Jay Gatsby.he was obviously a dreamer because he was raised up in a not-so-rich place called North Dakota but as he grew up, he became fabulously rich and wealthy. Despite the fact that he is a dreamer he also makes poor choices, he made money by distributing illegal drugs and alcohols, he was doing all this just to be rich because of his ambition towards marrying Daisy whom then promised to wait for him until he comes back from war , but unfortunately she got married to another guy anyways. So from then on, Gatsby's ambition was to get Daisy back. But he was also broke, he threw parties every week and wss surrounded by strong mens and beautiful women.

Conclusion :
Hopeful young man who stakes everything on his dreams, not realizing that his dreams are not worthy of him.

PS : i don't think this book is suitable for use since i think we are still a little too underage for this kinds of books

Rate : 3/5

message 12: by Maybelle (new)

Maybelle | 17 comments The book i read was Jeeves and friends. The character i am writing about is called bertie. He is a pleasant young man but a bit short of brains and turns to his valet jeeves when he gets into trouble. And bertie always gets into trouble. Jeeves And Friends by P.G. Wodehouse