What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Inventor comes up with a video game that fingerprints people based on their brain patterns [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben Rog-Wilhelm | 2 comments Adult book, pre-2000 or very slightly post-2000, sci-fi, paper.

Major spoilers incoming :V

There's this inventor who is poor, he ends up dating and eventually marrying a super-rich woman who runs her own company and is willing to fund his research. (I remember a scene where they're moving to a new house - she just pays movers to do it all, and one of them throws out an object of hers because he doesn't approve of it. He got super-fired.) The inventor comes up with some kind of immersive game that identifies people through unchangeable globally-unique properties of their brain. His wife dies in some way (I seem to recall it was a very suspicious she-totally-just-got-murdered way). Later, someone reports a "mistaken identity" in his VR device - someone who has identical brainwave patterns to someone else. Turns out the "someone else" died, and the "someone" was born at the exact same moment, so the inventor comes to the conclusion that human souls reincarnate.

He sets up his super-famous game with some hidden code to watch for his brain pattern and his wife's brain pattern and get them in contact with each other when they're found. He then commits suicide so he'll be roughly the same age as her.

TO BE CONTINUED.

I would love to find out how that story ends.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Vectors byMichael P. Kube-McDowell seems to match your description.

message 3: by Ben (new)

Ben Rog-Wilhelm | 2 comments That's it! Unfortunately it looks like he's never written a sequel, and at this point, probably won't. Welp.

Thanks for the find!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
You're welcome. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Vectors (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael P. Kube-McDowell (other topics)