Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Travels With Cha-Li: In the Shadow of Half Dome
This topic is about Travels With Cha-Li
Adding New Books > I've added a book but isn't on my author page

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Salley (last edited Aug 15, 2015 02:20AM) (new)

Salley J Robins (salleyjrobins) | 5 comments Hi - help! I thought I understood, but obviously I'm a pudding-head. I added a book to the library (the first that I wrote, available in ebook and paperback from Amazon) and waited a week. It is in the library but I can't add it to my author page... help? Thanks for anything you can do. - Salley

PS Also, my pen name has no period after the middle letter, because it is not short for anything. If that can't be done on goodreads, will it make any difference to finding my books on line, which also have no period (on purpose)?

message 2: by Empress (last edited Aug 15, 2015 02:25AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Moved the book to your profile.

Having an initial doesn't matter. Your name will still show in search when one is done without initial.

The initial is used because it is on the covers of your books and I suspect we would like to keep it in order to disambiguate from other authors with similar names. But you can request name changes here (can't promise they will remove it).

message 3: by Salley (last edited Aug 15, 2015 05:41AM) (new)

Salley J Robins (salleyjrobins) | 5 comments Excellent! Yeet! You are lighting! Thanks so much. (Actually, the period is not on the covers of my books (on purpose), so that is why I asked - but it is no biggie if there is a period, since most people would assume there was, including some of my family!) I'm looking forward to learning more here. You are THE Empress! - Salley

message 4: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Hi Salley. We have specific rules for the names. All initials must have a period. Due to the way the database works we need those rules to keep it tidy. As you saw adding your name without the period created a whole new profile for you.

If interested you can read about this specific requirement here: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

message 5: by Salley (new)

Salley J Robins (salleyjrobins) | 5 comments Oh - can the one that is without a period be removed by someone (like you, perhaps)?

message 6: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Salley wrote: "Oh - can the one that is without a period be removed by someone (like you, perhaps)?"

It will be automatically deleted by a script.

message 7: by Salley (new)

Salley J Robins (salleyjrobins) | 5 comments Thanks, I will get on with reading more of the rules and regs of the site. I am so glad you are there. Bisous from France. - Salley