2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

. Week 47: During Christmas > Week 47: Introduction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Week 47. a book set during Christmas (or similar holiday).
November 19 - November 25, 2015

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to read
A book set during Christmas!

Yes, we know, the week is not placed well in the challenge, so feel free to keep the book for the end of the year. You'll read a book full of snow, Santa Claus, food, chocolate, eggnog and presents to open (like chocolate frogs or invisibility cloaks). If you're a Christmas hater or have read ALL the books set during Christmas or like doing things differently, you can choose a book set in another holiday (like... Easter maybe? Plenty of chocolate too, eggs and bunnies?).
Have fun and merry Christmas! OH OH OH :D

How to Create a Topic:
1. Create a topic in the appropriate folder using your book's author and title (Title by Author, please). Link your book with the "This topic is about" feature.

2. In the body of your post, comment about why you chose this book. Have you read it before? What are your expectations?

3. Feel free to use the thread as a way to update the group on your progress. Also, when you are finished reading, add a small review and your thoughts about the week's challenge.

4. Comment on everyone else's posts as well! Participation and group involvement will make this challenge so much fun!

**If you chose the same book as another group member for the same week, do not create a duplicate thread.**

Book ideas:
Popular Christmas Fiction Books
https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/ch...
50 best Christmas books
Books and Stories Set on Christmas Day
30 Best Christmas Children’s Books
Christmas Mystery Book Suggestions
YA Christmas Reads
30 Best Christmas Children’s Books
Christmas in literature (Wikipedia)

More "seasonal":
Lists of Seasonal Fiction
20 Winter-Themed YA Books

message 2: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments Wow we are getting closer to the end of this challenge faster than I thought. We are about 3/4 of the way through. It has been a great reading year so far.

message 3: by Kirin (new)

Kirin For those who like Rachel Joyce, the author who wrote The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, she has a new book coming out at the beginning of November perfect for the xmas week: A Snow Garden and Other Stories, 7 xmas short stories.

message 4: by Jean (new)

Jean Cole (joc724) | 115 comments Mystery writer Anne Perry has a Christmas series if anyone is looking for ideas.

message 5: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments Thank you for the lists, I was stuck for a Christmas book. I have a copy of the Christmas Carol, but wanted something a little different. Now I have several possibilities.

message 6: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments If you are still looking for a Christmas book may I suggest The 13th Gift: A True Story of a Christmas Miracle for those looking for an untraditional Christmas story. It is a tear jerker.