For the Freaks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General > Chat 1.0

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Osiecki (rozemaiden87) | 66 comments Mod
This is a general chat page. Go.

message 2: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments Thanx for the invite! I like to hear what other ppl think Get tired of talking to myself hahahaha :p

message 3: by Michaela (new)

Yeah, I hear that! So how's your weekend going so far?

message 4: by Michaela (new)

So I had a job interview today, which I'm so thankful for. I've been out of work for a bit too long and being in a new town, I was starting to fear I would never find anything decent, but the school district called me back for substitute custodian job and I really hope I get it.

They pay well and you sort of get to set your own schedule.

message 5: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments Sounds nice!! Good benefits? I'll keep my fingers, toes & eyes crossed for you. Now your weekend will probably drag on forever hoping to hear from them. Did they tell you when they'd let you know? Good luck! :-)

message 6: by Michaela (new)

I'm supposed to get a call back on Wednesday, after the background check stuff clears. Which it will. I have nothing to hide in metaphoric skeletal closet.

message 7: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments Sounds very promising :-) now the wait!! That's the worst part. Have the schools started in your area yet? Kids here don't start until after Labor Day

message 8: by Michaela (new)

I think the schools start up here like, the first week in September.

message 9: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments Yep, same here. Would you be going to whichever school in the district needs you on a certain day? Or what age kids would you be working? Hopefully not the HS kids!!
I hate to admit it, the HS I graduated from I wouldn't make my worst enemy go there now anymore. They always have cop cars on the campus somewhere & it's just gotten so gnarly I'd fear for any kids life going there now! Wouldn't want to go there, teach there or any job there!

message 10: by Michaela (new)

Well I guess it doesn't matter much what the protocol would be - I didn't get the job. Back to square one.

message 11: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments Sorry to hear that, Michaela :-(

Any other prospects to try? Did they tell you why you didn't get the job? Guess they don't have to buy would be nice to know?

Hope you find something soon!

message 12: by Michaela (new)

Yeah, they didn't tell me why, just left a message on the phone that they wouldn't need me for the position. Maybe they found some more qualified candidates. It happens.

I did apply at the local library recently, so I'm crossing my fingers for that one.

message 13: by Michaela (new)

Long time no update! So I finally got myself a job, I start on Monday. Woot!~

message 14: by Michaela (new)

I proclaim this chat thread....deceased. Time of death - 12:26 am.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.