Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Supplementary Material Procedures

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tristan (new)

Tristan | 6 comments How do I recognize the authors of supplementary materials in a school text? The manual says to recognize authors in the order they appear on the cover, but only the author of the primary work is shown on the cover of my text--the supplementary materials are shown on the page opposite the title.

message 2: by Empress (last edited Aug 15, 2015 02:12AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Authors should be listed in order they appear. If the only place they are shown is inside the cover, use that order. See here where this was clarified.

From the manual:

For compilations that include both editors and authors, please list the editors first and then other contributors.

Please note that editors should only be added for records like anthologies and reference materials. Novels and other works of fiction should not have editors listed.

message 3: by Tristan (new)

Tristan | 6 comments Thanks, I have a selected Idylls of the King prepared for school use and wanted to know how to recognize the author of the introduction and reading guides. I'll fix that right away.

message 4: by Empress (last edited Aug 15, 2015 08:40AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Tristan wrote: "Thanks, I have a selected Idylls of the King prepared for school use and wanted to know how to recognize the author of the introduction and reading guides. I'll fix that right away."

In those cases, use author of selected works on primary and add the names of author of the introduce materiel and reading guides afterwords.

However if you mean this book I have already fixed the record, separated it and left notes: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I'm sorry I botched the description, just wanted to make it more clear what it contains.

What you can do is take a picture of the cover and upload it.

message 5: by Tristan (new)

Tristan | 6 comments Tristan wrote: "Thanks, I have a selected Idylls of the King prepared for school use and wanted to know how to recognize the author of the introduction and reading guides. I'll fix that right away."

I see you have already done so--thank you.

message 6: by Tristan (new)

Tristan | 6 comments Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "Tristan wrote: "Thanks, I have a selected Idylls of the King prepared for school use and wanted to know how to recognize the author of the introduction and reading guides. I'll fix that right away...."

I will give it a cover today or tomorrow; thanks again for your help.

message 7: by Empress (last edited Aug 15, 2015 08:42AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Tristan wrote: "I see you have already done so--thank you. "

Welcome, I didn't think you were talking about this book. Just saw your description and it led to me checking the content and separating. You can see all my change comments and links here.

Tristan wrote: "I will give it a cover today or tomorrow; thanks again for your help. "

Brilliant! :)