What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Buried Luftwaffe Bomber [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1284 comments This query was originally posted by Feliks, but he's now left the group. I'm intrigued enough to want to find out for myself. Here's his original description.

What thriller was it where a specialized German Focke-wulf bomber (sent by Hitler on a lone mission to bloody the nose of the USA, carrying plague)..barely makes it across the Atlantic and crash lands in Maine's north woods, lying covered with moss for forty years until some kids accidentally stumble over it?
Anyway in this novel its definitely a modified Focke-Wulf Condor and may in fact, have 'Condor' in the name of the book itself.

Vixen 03 by Clive Cussler has already been eliminated.

message 2: by Jaye (new)

Jaye  | 385 comments I'm glad you are keeping an eye on this one. I am interested in what it is too.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Similar: Track of the Scorpion

Archeologist Nickolette Scott uncovers a World War II bomber, with its crew, buried in the sands of New Mexico. Stranger yet, the plane is riddled with bullet holes as if it had been shot down during combat. In America?

message 4: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1284 comments Yep, already in my ever growing TBR pile. Will it ever get any smaller? :-)

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna Moore | 96 comments This book is in fact "Condor" by Graham Masterson.

message 6: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1284 comments That's it. Polite correction, the author is Masterton, not Masterson. Still, this one is solved. Yay! Thank you.

Condor

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna Moore | 96 comments Thanks for the author correction. I wanted to attach a link to the book, but couldn't find one. Now I know why.