Talk of the Town discussion

The Library at Mount Char
This topic is about The Library at Mount Char

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by PB (new) - rated it 5 stars

PB (darlingdarcy) | 168 comments Mod
The discussion board is now open for The Library at Mount Char!

HAPPY POSTING!

Caele | 32 comments I'm really only about 1/4 of the way through this, but I already know this book is WEIRD! I'm waiting for things to really get started. We've got the basic problem of them not being able to get into the library and trying to figure out a way to do it, but I feel like there has to be so much more coming. I'm frustrated that the plot doesn't pick up a little more by now.
Erwin... I liked Erwin. He brought a new element into the story. We already know the children in the photos are the children at the library, but who is Peter and what does he really have to do with everything?
David just completely grosses me out, but I think that's the point. I want to understand a little more about each of their catalogs. So far, it all just feels like a jumbled mess of weirdness and I want it all to get sorted out soon.

message 3: by PB (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caele wrote: "I'm really only about 1/4 of the way through this, but I already know this book is WEIRD! I'm waiting for things to really get started. We've got the basic problem of them not being able to get int..."

Yes, it definitely is a WEIRD book.. and the mystery only builds up as you go. There are so many questions that hopefully don't remain unanswered in the end. I don't want it to be a book series.

Erwin is a pretty cool character. Do you mean Steve (when you said Peter?) Because Peter is one of the librarians whose catalog deals with mathematics and physics..

I'm more than halfway through the book, and it gets a little exciting, but I think I've reached the climax, but I can't be too sure. I'll be posting again when I finish the book.

Caele | 32 comments Peachy wrote: "Caele wrote: "I'm really only about 1/4 of the way through this, but I already know this book is WEIRD! I'm waiting for things to really get started. We've got the basic problem of them not being a..."

I did mean Steve! I was thinking of his dog, Petey.

message 5: by PB (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished the book finally!

Thought the ending was pretty vague, if it will turn out to be a standalone book.. but it's not that bad. I love the elements of surprise. The last quarter of chapters are climactic, and very exciting.

I like how the author worked out a way to explain Steve's important role in the whole plot, and connected it with a term mentioned earlier in the book.

Cathie (catitude) I'm sooo loving this book!! It' quirky, funny, off-the-wall fantasy fiction that completely breaks down everything you think is "normal". The writing is great, and the story line progresses at a good pace. I find myself thinking of this book when I'm not reading it and wanting others to read it so I can say "Hey, can you believe...!!!???