Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Archives > Question for all who have read Dee Henderson's O'Malley Series

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlyn (last edited Aug 13, 2015 03:37PM) (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments I was wondering if anyone who has read Dee Henderson's O'Malley series can tell me if the books need to be read in order, specifically the final two? I have read all of them up through The Protector in order, and I requested The Healer and The Rescuer as ILL's from my library, but my dilemma is that The Rescuer is the only one that has come in yet and I really, really can't wait to read Stephen's story but since it's book six I'm wondering if I need to wait and read book five first? :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance! :D

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I recommend reading them in order.Stephen's story in the Rescuer is about him dealing with what happens to Jennifer in the Healer.

My cousin read the books out of order (she started with the Healer) and while she still loves them, she wasn't expecting what happened to Jennifer. Though if you are already aware of Jennifer's situation, then you could probably be safe reading Rescuer before Healer.

message 3: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Thanks so much for the response, Dawn, I really appreciate it! :)

message 4: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenelozada) | 269 comments i am in the middle of reading them and i recommend reading i. order. they are amazing books

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4356 comments Definitely read them in order the first time through if at all possible. After that, I either reread the entire series or pick my favorite to read (if I don't have time to devote to the whole series again).

message 6: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Thanks for responding, Andrea! I ended up finishing the series back in October which was one of my goals for 2015! So excited that I managed to achieve it!!! I ended up reading them all in order except for The Rescuer and The Healer, I read The Rescuer before The Healer and it didn't end up affecting my enjoyment of the series at all which I was glad about, and The Rescuer became my absolute favorite of the series! :D

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4356 comments Oh, I didn't see how long ago this thread was from. :) Glad you enjoyed the series! My favorite books are the Healer and Rescuer, respectively. Their stories just really intrigue me every time I read them.

Have you read Carrie Turansky's Edwardian Brides series? They're set in Edwardian era England, and I've been told fans of Downton Abbey will love them. I've never seen Downton Abbey, but I have read this book series, and it's one of my all-time favorites. Highly recommend.