Harry Potter Read Along discussion

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
Prisoner of Azkaban Discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elle | 20 comments Ron's phone call is classic! Almost as good as the letter from Mrs Weasley in GoF.

Yes, Miss Renny, loving having the inside scoop on the characters while I'm reading too! It makes JKR's ability to keep so many people in character even more impressive.

Crookshanks is one astute cat.

Elle | 20 comments Wormtail's return to the service of Voldemort was certainly a pivotal point in the books. I also doubt he would have regenerated without Peter.

Some discussion topics (SPOILERS):

How do you feel about Sirius Black? Is he a successful character?

Do you think that Dumbledore knew that Sirius, James and Peter became Animagi while at school but didn't say anything?

Did the revelation that the Whomping Willow was a passage to The Shrieking Shack surprise you?

Elle | 20 comments I love Sirius; he is bright, resourceful and fiercely loyal, the latter offering an unexpected flaw (he is often reckless because of his dedication to his friends). He also sounds really attractive, so that helps :P

I feel like Dumbledore may have had some idea that the boys became Animagi, but was so touched by their loyalty to Lupin, he let it slide. After all, it wouldn't be the first time he turned a blind eye to a Gryffindor breaking the rules...

I never thought of that, Tris! An introduction to the Whomping Willow as early as the first book COULD have given us even more of a sense of surprise. Good call.