Writer's Aid discussion

Books, Movies, Music > That Movie You Hated but Everyone Loved

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The one movie everyone loved but you didn't :D Which one is that?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Frozen.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG ME TOO

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments FROZEN

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

YES I FOUND OTHER PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE FROZEN

message 6: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments YES I DID TOO OMG!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO FREAKING TIRED OF THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!! EVERYWHERE I GO IT'S LIKE "LET IT GO LET IT GO" AND I'M LIKE, SHUT THE FRICK UP!!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I KNOW RIGHT AND EVERYONE'S OBSESSED WITH IT BUT I JUST CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO LIKE IT

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the sibling thing (and Olaf was cute) but everything else was so cliché...and so many songs...TOO many songs..

message 9: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments Yeah the sibling thing is fine! But you see, what I hate is all these people who are like, "Frozen is the first disney movie to show that a girl doesn't need a guy to save her!"
And I'm like, "Ahem.
Beauty and the Beast. Last time I checked BELLE saved the beast.
Brave. Last time I checked she doesn't even get married in the end.
Mulan. She saves ALL OF FREAKING CHINA basically by herself.

So GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I know right?! And Jasmine is by Disney (I think) and she's a huge role model for females; she did everything by herself, saved Aladdin and her country!

message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments Uh-huh! And hell, even Kiana from the frog Prince!
Basically you have Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty in which the girl has to have the guy save her. And that's basically it.
Well idk I might be forgetting something, I'm not very well versed in Disney movies

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Cinderella is just...I don't know, its just lame. The fairy godmother shows up after 16 years of pain and grants her ONE night, and even gives her a curfew till midnight?! What the hell was Cinderella so grateful about?

Snow White is stupid enough to try and eat an apple from an old woman stranger who gives it to her for free, despite the warning of the dwarves. And she actually lived in a house of dwarves. Aka house of short people with axes she didn't know. I know it was her only choice, but the least she could do is be careful 0.o

Sleeping Beauty grows up, falls asleep, and wakes up again when Charming kisses her. That's it. Literally.

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments I know! The plots of them are all shallow! And I think my main proem with Cinderella was the cat stereotyping XD

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe I'm actually writing a story combining all fairytales, even the oldest ones! Basically its about Ella White, daughter of the Big Bad Wolf, who falls in love with Eric from the little mermaid, makes a deal with a faerie to appear glamorous to impress the queens and kings in order to gain martial approval and then later on Maleficent, her stepmother, decides to hunt Ella since she's the fairest of them all and lalala

message 15: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments Oh cool!!! That sounds really interesting!!!! When you finish can I read it? :D

message 16: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) Maleficent. I didn't like it whatsoever.

message 17: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments That one didn't look any good, but I haven't seen it

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Ruth wrote: "Oh cool!!! That sounds really interesting!!!! When you finish can I read it? :D"

If I finish xD

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hallie wrote: "Maleficent. I didn't like it whatsoever."

I didn't love it. I liked it. I never liked Sleeping Beauty in general, and here, she only slept for like a day. Half a day if you will...

message 20: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 13 comments Birdman and Up come to mind here. Oh, and Despicable Me.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry Potter
Hunger Games
MockingJay
DC movies
Newer Disney movies

message 22: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments Ricky wrote: "Birdman and Up come to mind here. Oh, and Despicable Me."

Birdman was great! But I guess it's a bit of an odd movie

message 23: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 13 comments @Ruth: To be honest, Emma Stone was the only reason I wanted to watch it. But I had to draw the line at the part where Keaton's character insulted Robert Downey Jr. and Iron Man. It just made him, and the movie as a whole, too pretentious for me.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Lord of the Rings

message 25: by Maffah (new)

Maffah zee | 10 comments despicable me

message 26: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) Tιɴαтн Zαeвα ~ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs sᴇᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʀɪᴢᴏɴ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ʙʟᴜᴇ~ wrote: "Hallie wrote: "Maleficent. I didn't like it whatsoever."

I didn't love it. I liked it. I never liked Sleeping Beauty in general, and here, she only slept for like a day. Half a day if you will..."

My friend is crazy about it.

Another one on the list would be Hunger Games, Divergent and Mortal Instruments. The book was better.

message 27: by Mark (new)

Mark Barrett | 10 comments Titanic

Pearl Harbour

anything with Adam Sandler in it

message 28: by Mark (new)

Mark Barrett | 10 comments Oh, and Gladiator - the historical inaccuracies and basic errors are untenable.

message 29: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) You didn't like Titanic? Not many hate it, but there is someone I know who doesn't like it.

message 30: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 171 comments A FELLOW ADAM SANDLER HATER?!?!?!?!?!?

message 31: by Mark (new)

Mark Barrett | 10 comments Hate would beginning him too much credit in my thoughts. I prefer to think of myself as an Adam Sandler denier.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I hated Cinderella :/

message 33: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) I didn't watch it.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

its so boring and dull!

message 35: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) Mary wrote: "Mockingjay... and most of the Hunger Games movies. Spectre was no where near as good as the previous Bonds too."

+1 when it comes to Hunger Games movies.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't hate it..I disliked it XD

message 37: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 160 comments Frozen, the plot had more holes than swiss cheese and I hate the whole spiel of people claiming its the first princess that didn't need a prince to save her thing cause its not the first

Also, Eragon. It was super popular when it first came out, but it brutally BRUTALLY murdered the book. It didn't even follow the actual flow of the plot of the book, nor any of the character descriptions and even threw in romance where none was supposed to be. I HATED IT

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I HATE FROZEN TOOOO

message 39: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 160 comments ugh I get mad af when people claim that its based off the Snow Queen cause like uh no have you read that freaking fairy tale? There are NO similarities between the fairy tale and that stupid movie >.>

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

The Snow Queen fairy tale was beautiful and tragic and the move was...ugh

message 41: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 160 comments agreed

wholeheartedly agree

I wondered on why tf a fairy tale like that was written so I looked it up and read it, then squinted and was like uhhhh yeah no similarities y'all are liars.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

i read the tale first so i had such high expectations
and then boom
plummet

message 43: by Kikki (last edited Jan 16, 2016 10:10PM) (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 160 comments lol I watched the movie and sat through the entire thing picking out all the plot holes and going 'wait why is this a thing? Why did that happen? How come no one is questioning this?' and so I went online to find answers found an article stating the correlation between it and the fairy tale and read that to see if it cleared anything up but nope it just made less sense and I didn't understand the relation of it besides snow based powers >.>

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

ikr

and cinemasins ruined the movie just like it deserved XD

message 45: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) Eragon! Yes, Eragon!

message 46: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 160 comments haha yass

I wish Eragon had been done better though tbh, I was so hyped for it but like when I watched it with my family they got super mad cause the whole movie I was like 'that's not supposed to happen yet, he doesnt actually look like that that's wrong that's wrong why is that happening omg wtf is this'

message 47: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) I loved the books. The movie is terrible.

message 48: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 160 comments oh yeah, the Inheritance books were fab but that movie was horrible.

The only upside is they screwed it up soooooooo bad, that the only way you could ever make the second book into a movie is by redoing the first one entirely

message 49: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) Exactly.

message 50: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 160 comments It would be so nice if they redid that movie properly and had the ACTUAL sequence of events happen in it though I will say I kinda liked the guy who played Ahjiihad I think its spelled? he was pretty cool

« previous 1