Pakistani Readers discussion

Chit Chat > First Book in your new Home

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Assalam O Alaikum everyone!

Since you all are readers. I respect people who read very much. and sighs everyone here has read much more than me.
So i want you guys to answer this one question

If you are getting married. What would be the books that you would like to have in your new Home in your own bookshelf?

message 2: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments Quran

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Amna wrote: "Quran"

yes, that :P

message 4: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments marry a book lover xD, no tension about having limited space for your hobby. :p or else just get a kindle. :p

message 5: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments @Omaid haha!! :P Great plan!!! :D

First book I would want though would be Quran.

message 6: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments books do that to you :D they make you smart :)

message 7: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Yaar! the only place where one finds man that ACTUALLY read is goodreads.

message 8: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Amna wrote: "Quran"

yup thats a MUST. aur bhi batao naa!

message 9: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments ♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "Hadiths,"

Yup! have that in my list. suggest some more books please!

message 10: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments ♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "HARRY POTTER!!!"

NEVER! its tooooooooooooo famous for me and i have seen all the movies! and well i m 24 a bit too old for this book

message 11: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments sister Aasia, one can make their partner a good reader by encouragement. just switch off the wifi and lock the main door of the house. :p pursue your partner to read a book of his/her interest. once a person enters into the world of books, there's no escaping! :D

message 12: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Omaid wrote: "sister Aasia, one can make their partner a good reader by encouragement. just switch off the wifi and lock the main door of the house. :p pursue your partner to read a book of his/her interest. onc..."

Yup that actually is a good idea i might have to break the tv and LCD screen as well! hmmmm really considering it

message 13: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments xD no need to break them. maybe have a main switch for power sockets in the house, put the switch off and lock the safety box.. only the directly connected appliances will work :))

message 14: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Omaid wrote: "xD no need to break them. maybe have a main switch for power sockets in the house, put the switch off and lock the safety box.. only the directly connected appliances will work :))"

Another good idea. but sshhh !!!

message 15: by Zenab (new)

Zenab Ch | 2099 comments Mod
The first book I bought in my new home, apart from the many I already owned, was a cookbook. New kitchen, new food.

message 16: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments :D haha, cookery books are the ones that every book reading lady would need to buy after marriage.

message 17: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments @Zenab Right! Also "How not to create mess while cooking"

message 18: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Omaid wrote: ":D haha, cookery books are the ones that every book reading lady would need to buy after marriage."

nopes you dont need a book for cooking just a woried and determined MOTHER!

message 19: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Zenab wrote: "The first book I bought in my new home, apart from the many I already owned, was a cookbook. New kitchen, new food."

This is the first advice every Mother gives :(

message 20: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments True sister Aasia..

@Zaynah, the beauty about being desi is. that you don't move out after becoming financially independent. Many of us guys might be old enough and earning, but we like it with our parents. don't we? Every minute is to be cherished with them.

message 21: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments yes Zaynah i know. but that's a western culture. and sadly the youngsters there aren't much attached to their parents because of that. parents there don't have much authority over the lives of their children. and becoming 18 doesn't makes one mature. and so the young energised youth messes up with their lives having not much restrictions. and that is why the rate of depression patients is so damn high in the secular societies.

message 22: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments ahan, good to know. however what I said was just something general. :)

message 23: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments ♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "Ooooh Thankz Omaid. In london, i can move out once i'm 18, get a job. it all depends on how i do in my exams. but i will probably continue living with my mom until i get married which is faaaaaaaaa..."

oh i didn't know you were a kiddo :D

message 24: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments How old is everyone here?

message 25: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments ♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "Aasia wrote: "♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "Ooooh Thankz Omaid. In london, i can move out once i'm 18, get ..."

I m ten years older than you then! I wish you an awesome teenage life :D

message 26: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Zainab wrote: "How old is everyone here?"

I m going to be 25 in September Zainab :) and you ? and everyone else ?

message 27: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments Wow! I'm 16 years old. :)

message 28: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments I'm 23, but I feel like I've lived to be 40 :/

message 29: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments I think it's because of the issues I've been through.. @Zaynah

message 30: by zainab (new)

zainab (zainab_sheikh) | 771 comments @Zaynah Haha. Right. :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

lo

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

*lol

message 33: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Zainab wrote: "Wow! I'm 16 years old. :)"

U r also a kiddo :( comeon girls you are making feel OLD T_T oh my sweet sixteen why oh why are u over!

message 34: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments ♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "Omaid wrote: "I'm 23, but I feel like I've lived to be 40 :/"

it means you grew up too fast. :< /"

So brother Omaid u better start calling me Aasia Aapi :D

message 35: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments ♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman-♥-Fawad Khan- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "thanx asia. i just had this 2 hour conversation (more like a lecture) with my mom and aunty while they were drilling "become a doctor, take tirpple science, forget about your dream of becoming the ..."

Good luck girl! Mother knows best. But do follow your heart okay. If u ever find maths or anyother subject too hard to handle discuss with your mother. She will understand. She only wants the best for u!

message 36: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Dont ever allow anyone to ruin your life. Specially the people u love. Because at some time in your life you will blame them and it will hurt them a whole lot than ur rebellion. Are u getting what i m saying Zaynah?

message 37: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Parents always wants the best for their children. But sometimes they dont understand and put burden on us beyond our own capacity. Allah knows everyones ability and limits so He never burdens us beyond our capacity.

message 38: by Sana (new)

Sana | 1515 comments im 14;)

message 39: by Sana (new)

Sana | 1515 comments Yeah, but look: how did they become writers? It's hard, but not impossible;) it has the word: IM POSSIBLE!!!!!!;)
But yeah, ima b a doctor too, it's a good job too!!!:)

(sorry if I butted in)

message 40: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Sana wrote: "Yeah, but look: how did they become writers? It's hard, but not impossible;) it has the word: IM POSSIBLE!!!!!!;)
But yeah, ima b a doctor too, it's a good job too!!!:)

(sorry if I butted in)"

ofcourse not Sana its an open discussion !

message 41: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments ♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "NO NO NO!! hah.. you guys get me wrong. i didnt know what i wanted to do in life other than something with maths and physics and be a writer. so my mom said its very hard to become a good rich succ..."

oh okay! Good Luck then!

message 42: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments ♥ZaynaH--- Cullen-♥-Eaton-♥-Barnes-♥-Bane-♥-Morgenstern-♥- Landon Carter-♥- Ryan Guzman- ---AhmeD♥ wrote: "NO NO NO!! hah.. you guys get me wrong. i didnt know what i wanted to do in life other than something with maths and physics and be a writer. so my mom said its very hard to become a good rich succ..."

I had Taarey Zameen Par a Bollywood movie which i very much like in my mind when i interpreted what u said :D

message 43: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments yup its just beautiful i love it so much can you understand URDU ?

message 44: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments oh great :D
Then do watch it! i recommend it since you are a kiddo HaHa!

message 45: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments sister Aasia, I do always call you say 'sister ' before your name :)

Zaynah, I hope you're like me who likes to be treated like a kiddo at your age. i have a niece who didn't like to be called kiddo. tried to act all grown up. probably because whenever adults are talking about something very important, they ask the young ones to leave. and oh that feeling is terrible :)

message 46: by Aasia (new)

Aasia Abdali | 260 comments Omaid wrote: "sister Aasia, I do always call you say 'sister ' before your name :)

Zaynah, I hope you're like me who likes to be treated like a kiddo at your age. i have a niece who didn't like to be called k..."

so true i used to think that i was very mature and certainly not a kid! and to make everything worse i was also the youngest of my siblings :( so there have always been like 'you are too young' 'you can't understand' 'you don't have enough experience'

message 47: by Maira (new)

Maira | 5852 comments Mod
Te first book in my home After Quran obviously was Alchemist and Da vinci code. Then came Harry Potter and a tale of two cities and all the classics.

message 48: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet | 215 comments yes Zaynah, that's good... just be what you are.. and enjoy each phase of life.

@sister Aasia, I guess this feeling is mostly felt by girls. guys don't really face this issue i think.