Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Beta Readers/Beta Swaps

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rae (new)

Rae Else (raeelse) | 6 comments Hi,

I'm looking for readers/writers interested in beta reading a YA urban Fantasy novella (31k). Very happy to beta read any other MS in exchange :)

A summary is something like:-

Arete: Descendants tells the story of El, a young woman who has lived an isolated life on the fringes of both the human and Arete world. Arete are beings of power, descended from Greek Mythological beings.

When El discovers a family secret, her Grandma, Helena and mother, Anna are forced to tell her more about the Arete world. El must harness the power she has always fought against in order to protect herself and those she loves from an ancient danger, the Order of the Graeae.

Many thanks in advance!
Rae

message 2: by Yairy (new)

Yairy (Aisakura) | 9 comments I'll be happy to beta for you in exchange for the same. I think your story is going to be an interesting read and one i will enjoy beta reading, so if you are interested, send me an e-mail at:
aisakura@live.com

message 3: by Rae (new)

Rae Else (raeelse) | 6 comments Thanks for the help Angel!

And thanks in advance Yairy - have sent you an email.

message 4: by Yairy (new)

Yairy (Aisakura) | 9 comments Rae wrote: "Thanks for the help Angel!

And thanks in advance Yairy - have sent you an email."

Happy to help, the story is really good from what i have read so far :) I'll leave it at that, don't want to spoil you too much. lol

message 5: by Rae (new)

Rae Else (raeelse) | 6 comments Lol...thanks Yairy! :)

message 6: by Laci (new)

Laci | 10 comments Hello,
I am also looking for some people to beta-swap with me. My MS is approx 60K words, and is YA/Fantasy. I think that is the best genre choice for it.
Synopsis:
13 year-old Coralee is set to start Upper School. Coming from an abusive family where she and her sister Rachel have been sheltered from the world around her. Unbeknownst to Coralee, her father is one of a small few individuals highly involved within all aspects and control of the government-especially within the conspiracies and atrocities that so few know about.
Coralee's world is contained within a dome in which people are waiting out a mini ice age. Once Coralee gets to school, she learns about conspiracies and some of the realities of the world around her from Liam who is also tutoring her in classes. Coralee starts to learn how to balance the discoveries of these truths while at the same time learning to cope with school, budding romance, and her past.
With the help of Coralee's classmate friends, Becky and Sophia, she is able to navigate this new existence inside a new world that is clashing with the one she believed was real.
At the end of her first term, Coralee returns home for Winter Holiday, learning much more than she ever believed possible.

If you are interested in learning more about my MS, I also have a weebly page: http://lacihoffmanbooks.weebly.com/

I have beta-swapped a couple times now. It has been a lot of fun to read other's works and suggest how to enhance their ms's.

Laci

message 7: by Alexia (new)

Alexia D. | 16 comments Hi! I would be happy to beta swap. I have an 88k sci-fi fantasy story I would be happy to get some feedback on. Do you have room for another story? I can be contacted at alexiaantoine@hotmail.com.