Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Pick It For Me > September Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15189 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by a partner. Partners will be randomly paired up. You will choose a book for your partner from their to read list (TBR), and they will choose one for you from your TBR list.

Once you have picked the book, come back to this thread and post what book you have chose for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until August 28 and you'll have until September 1st to select a book for your partner.

***Please note***Everything will be done in this thread so check it often. Also, please be sure you really, really want to participate. Once I pair up people, it makes it difficult to re-pair when someone decides not to participate.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Yes please!! I'm in, please sign me up Leigh. Thank you in advance.
Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Yes please!! I'm in, please sign me up Leigh. Thank you in advance.
Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list......"

I have added you.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Thank you.

message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Thank you. "

Your welcome. I did notice that Texas Gothic (Goodnight Family #1) by Rosemary Clement-Moore was still on your list. It doesn't show up as read.

message 8: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Mansu, I have added you.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Leigh wrote: "Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Thank you. "

Your welcome. I did notice that Texas Gothic (Goodnight Family #1) by Rosemary Clement-Moore was still on your list. It doesn't show up as read."

Thank you I forgot to move it. I just jumped into another.

message 10: by June (new)

June I'm in. Please use this shelf
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 11: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett i,m in to

message 12: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 13: by Natasha (new)

Natasha L (Nerdiebookworm) | 3 comments please add me to the list

message 14: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) I am in. Plz add me.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in

message 16: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 17: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Pairs are up. I'm sorry I am late posting this.

message 18: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy,

Here are your picks Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge Such Sweet Sorrow by Jenny Trout Little Red Lies by Julie Johnston . Hope you enjoy them. Happy Reading!

message 19: by Tammie (last edited Aug 30, 2015 08:48AM) (new)

Tammie Tackett Mansu i have pick this book Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey and A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman and The Holocaust by Martin Gilbert

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Thank you for the picks Leigh, for you i have picked Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard , Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini or God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1) by Kate Locke

message 21: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Thank you for the picks Leigh, for you i have pickedRed Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard, Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini or God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1) by Kate Locke"

Thank you. I think I will read Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

message 22: by June (new)

June For Manju I've picked these for you
Vicious by V.E. Schwab or All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr or Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15) by Jim Butcher

message 23: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) June: I will read Skin Game.:)

I have selected these for you:
Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill Or The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough or The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón .

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha

Here are you picks for you they are

Too Far Gone (Adirondack Pack, #1) by K.C. Stewart , Dead Is the New Black (Dead Is, #1) by Marlene Perez , Moon Spell (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #1) by Samantha Young

message 25: by June (new)

June Manju wrote: "June: I will read Skin Game.:)

I have selected these for you:
Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill Or The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough or The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón."

Thanks Manju, I will read The Book of Negroes also known as someone knows my name.

message 26: by June (new)

June I've finished my pick The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill also known as Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill . This was a well written book about slavery and the divisions which arise even today. Thanks Manju for this pick. And I think everyone should read this book.

message 27: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) June, am yet to start Skin Game but will start it this week. And am glad that you liked someone knows my name. Its on my tbr since forever. Hopefully I will pick it up sooner than later.:)

message 28: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Sep 23, 2015 06:25AM) (new)

Tammy, I finished Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard and loved it! Thanks again for the pick.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Leigh wrote: "Tammy, I finished Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard and loved it! Thanks again for the pick."

I'm glad you enjoyed it.