All the Books! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Other > Endless TBR List

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3882 comments Mod
How do you choose which book to read next when you have such a huge, endless list of books to read?

message 2: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3882 comments Mod
Lucy wrote: "I pick depending on my mood. I know some people pick at random or use tbr jars, but I've tried those and they don't work for me. That's how I end up with reading slumps; I pick up random books that..."

I've seen the TBR jars idea before but I've never tried it.

message 3: by Brie (new)

Brie | 568 comments This goes back to covers for me. I have my goodreads tbr list in cover mode so I judge based on visual first, then I read the synopsis and remember why I added it and then I go by what I'm in the mood for.

message 4: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments This is one reason I am in the book club. I move the group reads to the top. Then I go by my mood. Or I will even get a short little read in to make myself feel good about my list going down.

message 5: by Trina (new)

Trina Collins (duskvamp) | 234 comments I let my husband grab me books a lot of the time after I finish the group book or finish my none group book, and unless I look at the cover and really aint feeling it or its in the middle of a series I don't usually argue and he seems to just go in and grab a random book from the box lol

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I let my mood decide. :)

Books On Replay (booksonreplay) I'm deff a mood reader as well. I've also tried the TBR jars because I thought they were such a fun idea, but they didn't work for me. I would just keep picking until I found one that sounded interesting lol. I do like the new ones everyone's doing, though. Instead of book titles, they are doing categories. Example: Read a book with more than 500 pages. Read a book by an author you haven't read yet. Etc. It gives options for us mood readers, so I may try doing one like that!

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3882 comments Mod
That's a clever idea!

message 9: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Books On Replay wrote: "I'm deff a mood reader as well. I've also tried the TBR jars because I thought they were such a fun idea, but they didn't work for me. I would just keep picking until I found one that sounded inter..."

Oooh, this is a good idea! Samesies on picking until you find one you feel like reading.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.