Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

General Chat > What Book You Have Read This Year Would You Like To See In Film

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 3957 comments Mod
We all read loads of books that is after all what the group is about.
But what books have you read this year that you think would be great if made into a film? Who would you you see in the lead role(s).

message 2: by David (new)

Out of our group reads I personally thought Angela Marsons, Silent Scream could be good on TV or film.

I could see actress Emma Stone playing Kim Stone.

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill Kupersmith | 547 comments Mod
Both Kim Stone books would be great on the screen. But my favourite is a book we also just read, Tuesday Falling, by S. Williams. Spectacular fight scenes. Emily Blunt maybe?

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 499 comments "Green Hell" by Ken Bruen, "The Missing & the Dead" by Stuart MacBride or "Little Black Lies" by Sharon Bolton....these are among my favourite reads so far this year. But because they are, I might end up terribly disappointed by the movie as I'd have really high expectations.

message 5: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments It would be very interesting to see what film makers did with the Stuart MacBride books wouldn't it?

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 499 comments Judith wrote: "It would be very interesting to see what film makers did with the Stuart MacBride books wouldn't it?"

Can you imagine trying to cast DCI Steel?

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill Kupersmith | 547 comments Mod
After finding out what they're doing with Girl on the Train, I hope Hollywood never discovers either. They'd reset the MacBride books in Miami & move Little Black Lies to Hawaii. And as for shooting those beached whales . . .

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan Davis | 149 comments Girl On The Train if they cast it right.

message 9: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments Yes, just who would play DCI Steel :-)))

message 10: by David (new)

Judith wrote: "Yes, just who would play DCI Steel :-)))"

Probably a bit too old now? but what about Pam Ferris. She did a great Trunchbull in Matida and I could just see her as Steel.

message 11: by David (new)

Going back to Silent Screams what about Sheridan Smith as Kim Stone?

message 12: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Kent | 100 comments For me, any of the Lucas Davenport series of John Sandford would be interesting, and also and of his Virgil Flowers series. Both would need strong casting and getting the humour right would be mega important!!

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 499 comments David wrote: "Going back to Silent Screams what about Sheridan Smith as Kim Stone?"

Good one! She certainly looks the part.

message 14: by David (new)

Sandy wrote: "David wrote: "Going back to Silent Screams what about Sheridan Smith as Kim Stone?"

Good one! She certainly looks the part."

And an excellent actress. Watched Black Work recently where she is a policewoman whose policeman husband dies but then things uncover about him and what he was doing. Very good.

message 15: by AngryGreyCat (new)

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 558 comments I would like to see the Elly Griffiths series with Ruth Galloway. Don't know who would play the part though.

message 16: by AngryGreyCat (new)

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 558 comments Bill wrote: "Both Kim Stone books would be great on the screen. But my favourite is a book we also just read, Tuesday Falling, by S. Williams. Spectacular fight scenes. Emily Blunt maybe?"

Yes Emily Blunt would be great in Tuesday Falling. I quite enjoyed that one and the setting would be fascinating on the screen.

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 499 comments Fanficfan44 wrote: "I would like to see the Elly Griffiths series with Ruth Galloway. Don't know who would play the part though."

That's a great pick. The setting would be so atmospheric. As for Ruth, no stick thin Hollywood actresses need apply ;). Casting Cathbad would be interesting...I can see Rhys Ifans in that role.