Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

El ángel de Sol
This topic is about El ángel de Sol
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Adding New Books > Adding Book to my profile

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sheila Sheeran (SheilaSheeran) | 9 comments Hi,

This book is already on Goodreads but under my AKA S. Sheeran. Now I use the complete name Sheila Sheeran. It is possible for you to assist me on assigning this book to my author profile?
Title: El ángel de Sol
* Author(s) name(s): S. Sheeran (Now I use Sheila Sheeran)
* ISBN (or ASIN): B00T6O79MI
* Publisher: self-published
* Publication date: February 3, 2015
* Format: ebook
* Description:
Un descuido al volante pone al doctor Adam Snow, el mejor cirujano cardiovascular del estado de Utah, en serios aprietos. Sin duda, alguien como él, cuenta con los recursos y la maquinaria de influencias para salir airoso de la situación.

Cuando Sol despierta, luego de permanecer días en una unidad de cuidados intensivos, solo busca volver a ver la cara del ángel que la ¿salvó?

Él no cree en ángeles.

Ella dice que uno la besó.

¿Será posible?

¿Quién tendrá la razón?

Porque el amor puro y verdadero se antoja de manifestarse en las formas más inesperadas.
* Page count: 204
* www.ssheeran.com

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz Yanes (lizilena) | 265 comments Got those too.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Think we need to leave S. Sheeran as primary author and maybe add Sheila Sheeran as additional author.

Librarian Manual:
Regarding author pseudonyms or pen names - some authors write or have written under multiple names. When editing or adding information for a book written by an author with multiple names, enter the author's name as on the front cover as the primary author. The author's other names may be added in the other author fields. Original name or other pen names can added and linked via a Librarian Note in the description field, or using the Librarian Note feature located above the Title field.

Per Amazon, the cover was updated to list Sheila Sheeran. I'm guessing it would be appropriate to leave the existing Kindle edition (with cover showing S. Sheeran) as is and create an ACE for ASIN B00T6O79MI listing S. Sheeran as primary author and Sheila Sheeran as additional.

From Manual again -
In some cases, a book may be originally published under a pen name, but then later reissued under the author's original name. When this happens, the author listed for any and all editions should be the author name the book was originally published under - so the reissued edition would need its primary author name changed to the originally published pen name, with the additional name added as secondary for all editions with it on the cover. Doing this will allow the various editions to be combined.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Aug 10, 2015 10:47PM) (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
We allow an author to merge a less-complete version of their name with a more complete version that entirely includes the shorter one.

But yes, ACEs would be appropriate.

message 5: by Michael (last edited Aug 11, 2015 06:17AM) (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments ACE created for El ángel de Sol.

Edit:
ACEs created for all editions of author's books which have both S. Sheeran and Sheila Sheeran covers.

Sheila Sheeran (SheilaSheeran) | 9 comments Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Sheila

message 7: by Stjepan (new)

Stjepan Cobets | 20 comments Hello,
I need help. I tried to put my new collection of poetry on the author's site, but did not quite make do. I'd appreciate it if you would help me. Here are the information about the book:

Amazon
The child of happiness Paperback – Large Print, August 11, 2015
by Stjepan Varesevac Cobets (Author)

Paperback: 104 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (August 11, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1516843797
ISBN-13: 978-1516843794
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.2 x 9 inches
Shipping Weight: 7.5 ounces

With all due respect
Stjepan Varesevac Cobets

message 8: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments Re 7: you did add it, but you put the ISBN 13 in the ISBN 10's slot. Corrected. Do you have a link to the cover?

message 9: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Added cover from Amazon.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
It gets confusing when a thread linked to a specific book or author is also used for other books. I am closing this thread. Start new ones for other books.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.