Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > Can't decide between books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 74 comments Do you ever look at book descriptions and can't decide what book to read? It happens to me often and I have no one around to ask.

My current choices include:
His Darkest Hunger by Juliana Stone
Perfect Darkness by Jamie Rush
Welcome to Hell 3 in 1 by Eve Langlais
Blue Moon by Angela Colsin

P.S. I tried making this a poll but could not. If anyone could help with the choice and/or the poll (also on the app) I would appreciate it.

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Folker When that happens to me I read quite a few reviews. Good and bad reviews help me decide. I can't help you decide between those because I haven't read them.

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 74 comments Thank you for the suggestion, perhaps I will do that .

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam (psteinke) | 8 comments I read the first chapter of each of the books to see if one grabs me. And which one grabs will change from day to day.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin  (erinthebooknerd) can someone give me some good recommendations for Vampire books? Nothing like Twilight more dark and mysterious. Thanks.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin  (erinthebooknerd) Pam that is how I do as well. I read the first and sometimes the second chapter, and I usually know by then if I'm interested or not.

message 7: by Jilleen (new)

Jilleen | 14 comments Erin Michelle wrote: "can someone give me some good recommendations for Vampire books? Nothing like Twilight more dark and mysterious. Thanks."
Always, Anne Rice, I enjoyed the Chicagoland Vampire (Chloe Neill) series (but it's a bit light).
If you want really dark and complex, you could read Brian Lumley's Necroscope books. It really just depends how dark you want to go.
It never hurts to read Dracula if you haven't before. It's a classic for a reason.
I love Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock books and the early Anita Blake books by Laurell Hamilton.
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova was really good as well but it's not a series that I know of.

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie (acheron1981) | 133 comments out of those a preferred his darkest hunger. if I have a dilemma like that a just pick one at random cause ill read them all eventually.

message 9: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 74 comments Thank you all for the suggestions!

message 10: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (princessbookwrm) | 1 comments Laurell K. Hamilton has her Anita Blake series! I absolutely love that! Its an erotica too. Gosh I have read so many vampire and paranormal books, I can't remember them all, but you can look thru my book shelf!!

message 11: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Wright | 10 comments I normally pick on if I'm in the mood for vampire or werewolf as they seem the two main groups. If I don't want either that's when I go hunting for different books.