2017 Reading Challenge discussion

Generalities > Finished my challenge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 280 comments Read the last of my books this past week. Saved the one set in the future for a book I knew was coming out in July.

Enjoyed the challenge, but not sure I would do another like this one. Yes, it took me out of my comfort zone, and made me explore some genres I would not normally do, but I did not get as much pleasure from it as I thought I would.

I liked the scavenger hunt part, but I found another Goodread's group that has challenges that allows me to read some things that are in my TBR pile, and also do the scavenger hunt stuff.

So, even if another list goes around, and some of the other categories we all thought should be included next year...I think I will stick with my other challenges. I am having more fun with those.

Congrats, BTW on the great progress many of you are doing, and I really enjoy seeing the books you have chosen. If not for this challenge, I have gotten some ideas to add to my TBR pile!

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Johansson (dakkster) Congratulations! :)

I think you might have mentioned it in another thread, but could you tell us or link to that other challenge group? I'm curious :)

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 280 comments I am not really good at HTML...But, hopefully just copy and pasting the URL will work. The Group is called Cozy Mysteries, but you can use any books for the challenges. There are monthly ones, seasonal ones, and even ones for Read Around the USA, and Read Around the World. Lots to choose from....(they even did this challenge there, too.)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

message 4: by Nancy (last edited Sep 03, 2015 11:14AM) (new)

Nancy Regan | 119 comments Mod
I just noticed your post. Belated congratulations! And thanks for the link to your other challenges. I am still enjoying this one, and will do it again next year if it's offered, but I, too am enjoying another one that allows me to read "outside the box".

It's in the History Book club, and it's called 50 Books in 2015. Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/....

The moderator says, in part: "Also, they can be in any genre, hardcopy, paperback, audiobooks, kindle, nook, sony e-reader. But they cannot be listed until you finish them. And you have to include the finish date (any genre), rating, short review, and genre type." Of course the challenge is in the History Book Club, so most people are reading history (very broadly defined) or historical fiction.

Again, your success is very inspiring. I've just finished 43 out of 50 / 52, and it's nice to see someone who has broken the tape!

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 280 comments Thanks for the link! I am not a big history book...except historical romance, but I am sure others will be interested. I might, however, keep it on hand for when I need an idea for a new book. It might spur me to something I did not even think about.