Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Stockholm Diaries, Alice (Stockholm Diaries, Alice #1)
This topic is about Stockholm Diaries, Alice
Adding New Books > Connecting my book to my author name

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Hunter | 37 comments Hi there,
My book is connected to the other Rebecca Hunter profile, not mine. This registered automatically, and I'm not sure how to claim it.

Thanks!

message 2: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5081 comments Moved to your profile.
Also created series:

message 3: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Hunter | 37 comments Great--thanks so much! Will future new books in the Stockholm Diaries series automatically be filed under my name in the series, or will I need to ask for a manual change each time?

Thanks again for the fix.

message 4: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5081 comments You are Rebecca^^Hunter, where ^ stands for a space. Adding extra spaces between first and last name is the way GR disambiguates authors with the same name combination. So I'm afraid the answer to your question is yes, since newly added editions (automatic or manual) tend to be single spaced, so the greater majority will go to the single space author profile. (You can ask a staff member to attribute the single space profile to you, but then most of the other Rebecca Hunter's new books would arrive on your profile, and you would have to ask to remove those... I personally think you better stick to the profile you have).

message 5: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Hunter | 37 comments Great. Thanks for the advice--I think you're right.