Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Marketing No New Posts > Goodreads doesn't allow e-books in the Giveaways? Bummer

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) I wanted to do a Goodreads giveaway, but I see that you can't give away an e-book. :( Major bummer. Why not?

I guess I'll have to find some other way to do a giveaway.

April

message 2: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

message 3: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Awesome, Riley!! Thanks!

April

message 4: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) You have to enroll in Kindle Select and not offer your title in electronic form to any other distributor. (short answer)

message 5: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
I did a giveaway with smashwords just fine Morris.

message 6: by Morris (last edited Aug 09, 2015 11:32AM) (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) Sorry, I didn't read it carefully enough. I though you meant Amazon giveaway. No, Goodreads doesn't allow eBook giveaways, only paper. Why? don't know.

message 7: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Yeah, I was originally asking about Goodreads' giveaway program. I have no idea why they'd disallow e-books. Most of the books sold here are offered as e-books. That's too bad they don't allow it through their usual giveaway tool. That would have been fun.

But I think there are other ways to achieve the same goal.

Thanks for the feedback!! :)

April

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments I think I read somewhere it's coming in the future. I bet it has something to do with their push for KDP exclusivity.

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) It's been "coming soon" since long before Amazon bought Goodreads. I think they quite simply gave up and never updated.