Once Upon a YA Book discussion

SU&R -Just Chat > Slow Reader or Fast?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett are you a fast reader or a slow reader

message 2: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments I believe I am a fast one but it really depends on the kind of book I read. There are some books that I can't stop reading so I can finish them in a day and there are those I always find excuses not to continue reading.

message 3: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett i agree with you prex

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I's say I'm a pretty fast reader, I took a test online and it says I read 350 words per minute, which is pretty good XD Here's a speed reading thing that helps increase your reading speed if anyone wants to use it - http://www.spreeder.com/app.php?intro=1

message 5: by June (new)

June Think I'm a slow reader. But if I get an intriguing book I'll gobble that down in 1-2 days regardless of the length.

message 6: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) I'm quite a fast reader, according to spreeder, my base rate is around 600/minute, and I can usually read a 500 page book in an hour or two if I have nothing else to do but I'm also quite busy so D:

message 7: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Well, with me I think it mostly depends on the story. If it's gripping and captures me to the point where I have to know what happens next, I can be fast. Others it's not so much. And because I listen to audiobooks, it also depends on the narrator and if the narrator is gripping and captivating or low tone and less captivating to where I can only listen for a few chapters.

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jassimplyreads) Yeah, I agree with Nikita. It depends on the story most of the time but I'll say I'm a slow reader cuz I usually spend 2~3 days to finish a book.

message 9: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Jasmine wrote: "Yeah, I agree with Nikita. It depends on the story most of the time but I'll say I'm a slow reader cuz I usually spend 2~3 days to finish a book."

I also read in that pace. Where I come from, that's considered fast enough heheh. I don't understand those who take months to finish a book...Don't they forget important details when they read that book that way?

message 10: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jassimplyreads) Prex wrote: "Don't they forget important details when they read that book that way?"

That's my concern as well! I'm worried if I didn't finish the book asap, I'll probably forget the parts I read and can't catch up with the rest of the story. :")

message 11: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Exactly. It's like watching Games of Thrones or Walking Dead and waiting for the next season and losing the thrill.

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Tran | 9 comments I am slow with English books, but fast reader in Chinese.

message 13: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jassimplyreads) Nancy wrote: "I am slow with English books, but fast reader in Chinese."

High five, Nancy! :)

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Tran | 9 comments Thank you Jasmine!

message 15: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Nancy wrote: "I am slow with English books, but fast reader in Chinese."

Whoopee! Cool! Are you Chinese?

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Tran | 9 comments Yes! I was born in Vietnam, but we moved to China when I was a young girl. I move to Canada one month ago for school. I learn English in China from reading books.

message 17: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments I see...So in one month, how many Chinese books and English books can you read?

message 18: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) I tend to read quick. If I really like it I am unable to put it down.

message 19: by Auntie (new)

Auntie K | 9 comments usually fast but since I have a kid slow