Shut Up & Read discussion

Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 459} The Apprentice, Volume 2: Bright Star by E.G. Manetti

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Aug 29, 2015 03:57PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3466 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?
Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Title: The Apprentice, Volume 2: Bright Star
Author: E.G. Manetti
Genre: Romantic Science Fiction
Formats Available: Copies will be Gifted via Amazon - Kindle, Barnes & Noble - epub or Apple (iTunes) - epub for iPad.
Pages # 364
Review Due Date: August 30/15

Synopsis:

Swords & Spaceships. Romance & Adventure.

To avoid execution for her father’s crimes, Lilian embraced her once chance at survival and became the apprentice of the powerful warrior Lucius Mercio. In return for Lucius’ protection, Lilian yielded total control of her body, intellect, and will. The arrangement has saved Lilian’s life and set her on a path to redeem her honor. She is about to learn her trial has barely begun.

In the second volume in the Twelve Systems Chronicles Lilian’s enemies are more determined than ever to see her destroyed. A ghost from her past will imperil her future and threaten to destroy Lucius’ slowly developing trust. To survive the next set of challenges Lilian will need to find new reserves of courage, wit and determination.

When Lucius’ motivations and ambitions are revealed, they are far more extraordinary than Lilian imagined. His rivals are about to increase in number and ferocity as they seek to limit his expanding wealth and power. They will use any means to undermine and destroy his plans including his notorious apprentice. To advance his ambitions, Lucius must be more ruthless and devious than ever before. To succeed, Lucius requires Lilian’s brilliance. To make use of it, he must keep her alive. It is going to prove more difficult than he anticipated.

Be one of the first 10 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

Formats available: Copies will be Gifted via Amazon - Kindle, Barnes & Noble - epub or Apple (iTunes) - epub for iPad.

All reviews should be completed posted within 3 weeks .

Review Due Date: August 30/15

Leave us your Name, email address and format you require.

Reviewers

1. Gates - gates_watson@yahoo.com - epub (barnes and noble)
2. Nancy - n.huang001@yahoo.com - epub (Apple, iTunes)
3. Briony - Bbonnett1@live.com - (apple itunes)
4. Nicole - nikkikearn@gmail.com - epub (Barnes & Noble)
5. Janet - finishfit21@yahoo.com - Kindle (Amazon)

message 2: by Gates (new)

Gates Watson | 31 comments gates_watson@yahoo.com - epub (barnes and noble) please and thank you!

message 3: by E.G. (last edited Aug 09, 2015 02:59PM) (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Gates wrote: "gates_watson@yahoo.com - epub (barnes and noble) please and thank you!"

Thank you for reviewing. Gift copy on its way.

message 4: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Nancy wrote: "n.huang001@yahoo.com - epub (Apple, iTunes)"
Thank you for reviewing.

iTunes coupon on its way.

message 5: by Briony (new)

Briony | 25 comments Love to read this ..... Bbonnett1@live.com (apple itunes) please

message 6: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Briony wrote: "Love to read this ..... Bbonnett1@live.com (apple itunes) please"

Thank you for reviewing.

iTunes coupon on its way.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 78 comments nikkikearn@gmail.com - epub please - thank you!

message 8: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3466 comments Mod
Nicole would you prefer the book gifted via Barnes & Noble - epub or Apple (iTunes) - epub for iPad.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 78 comments Barnes and noble pretty please =)

message 10: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Nicole wrote: "Barnes and noble pretty please =)"

Your gift copy is on its way.

Thank you for reviewing!

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 78 comments I looked through all my emails and this never came through - just thought I would let you know....

message 12: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Nicole wrote: "I looked through all my emails and this never came through - just thought I would let you know...."

Thank you for letting me know. I checked the B&N Order and they shipped both copies to Gates even though I specified different emails. I guess I blew up their system. Anyway, you should see your email anytime now.

message 13: by Gates (new)

Gates Watson | 31 comments Cant wait!

message 14: by Gates (new)

Gates Watson | 31 comments Just FYI nothing has come through yet for me either.

message 15: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Gates wrote: "Just FYI nothing has come through yet for me either."

B&N Shows both your and Nicole's books as 'processing.' They're 'live' help doesn't open for an hour, so I sent an email. I'll keep you posted.

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 78 comments OK s for letting me know - I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something

message 17: by Briony (new)

Briony | 25 comments I haven't recieved anything either ....maybe its me and im not looking in the correct place ?

message 18: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Nicole & Gates,

For unknown reasons your gift copies are still stuck in 'processing status' at B&N. So, I've sent you the raw epub file. It's the same text, but the cover and navigation may not work as well as the version that's been through Nook processing. At some point the 'gift' copies may shake free and you can switch over.

Sorry for this turning into a thing. I've done this many times and this is the first time I've had a problem.

message 19: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Briony wrote: "I haven't recieved anything either ....maybe its me and im not looking in the correct place ?"

I set the apple coupon yesterday morning. Could it be stuck in your spam filter? I'll resend with the title "BRIGHT STAR REVIEW COPY".

message 20: by Briony (new)

Briony | 25 comments I got it and i am currently downloading...... Thanks!!!

message 21: by Gates (new)

Gates Watson | 31 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... all set. Thanks for letting me read this one!

message 22: by Emani (last edited Aug 17, 2015 06:32AM) (new)

Emani (emanimalik) | 76 comments I would love to read this. Amazon kindle, please.

finishfit21@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Janet

message 23: by E.G. (new)

E.G. Manetti (thornraven) Janet wrote: "I would love to read this. Amazon kindle, please.

finishfit21@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Janet"

Thank you for reviewing. Your amazon gift copy is on it's way.

message 24: by Emani (new)

Emani (emanimalik) | 76 comments Thank you! :)