Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

The Program (The Program, #1)
This topic is about The Program
Previous BRs - Authors; U - Z > Young, Suzanne - The Program (The Program #1) - Informal Buddy Read; Start August 9, 2015

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31133 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion about The Program by Suzanne Young

Book synopsis:
In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

reserved

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments I'm only on chapter 2, but so far so good:)

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments I didn't realize they were turning this into a movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-yDK...
I just started chapter six. This book really gives a new meaning to white coat syndrome!
(view spoiler) I've seen a lot of people complain that the book is too depressing. I hope I'm in the right frame of mind to take this story on.

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments I'm to chapter 2 or 3 in part 2. I'm enjoying as well. Plan on reading more later tonight.

Katia I started this book on August 9th and it was slow for a while but like in the middle it picked up a bit and I could not put it down. I just finished it today and omg guys you are not going to believe what happens

Katia I am currently ordering the second book!

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments Awesome Katia!! I'm glad, I need a book that's hard to put down. My last few have been hard to pick back up :p

♦Ashley♦ | 1131 comments I know! right? Do you think you will continue the series?

message 11: by Marla (last edited Sep 22, 2015 10:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marla | 1674 comments I'm reading with another group and I thought I would comment here, in case anyone is still lurking on this Buddy Read:

After Chapter 6: This was not what I expected ~ there's an epidemic of teenage suicides, so they've developed a Program to deal with the problem. I'm surprised at how little emotion I feel for these upset and depressed teens. Sloane hasn't impressed me at all, but I do like James and his sense of humor.

(view spoiler)

Marla | 1674 comments Part I: So far this has a been a depressing and predictable story. (view spoiler)

Marla | 1674 comments Part II - The Program:
This part was faster and more interesting. (view spoiler)

Marla | 1674 comments Part III - Wish You Weren't Here:
This was the best part by far. It was strange and things happened unbelievably quickly. Also, if your memories were taken (view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Program (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Suzanne Young (other topics)