DumbleDORKS discussion

Games > Giffing Wars 2k15

Comments Showing 1-50 of 258 (258 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (last edited Jan 23, 2016 07:38PM) (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments The same game, with a couple of alterations.

RULES: (in brief)
The contest consists of two competitors and a judge. The judge is in charge of choosing a topic for the round they are judging. This could be gifs of: a particular show, character, mood, actor, or anything else under the sun.

The two competitors then scour the internet for the perfect gif within this topic, and post their entry. The judge then judges between the two, selects a winner, and said winner becomes the judge for the next round, if available.

CONDITIONS: (the less brief bits)
-Topics can be as specific or broad as you like. For example, you might pick superhero gifs as your topic, or you might choose Iron Man 3 gifs, either works, but it pays to make sure your contestants have seen the material before you decide, to be as fair as possible.
-There is no limit of places you can search; tumblr.com and Google images tend to have the biggest range of gifs.
-Contestants are limited to one gif per round, unless otherwise stated.
-Once both contestants have posted their entries, neither is allowed to change their mind. However, if you are first and your competition has yet to post, you may change your entry.
-Members who want a turn while another round is going on may be added to a waiting list, which will be updated by the moderators.

ALTERATIONS: (do read this)
-If a contestant has not posted within 48 hours of the topic being announced, they will be replaced with a new contestant.
-If a judge has not posted within 48 hours of both entries being posted, a moderator (myself, Lady Bilbo, or Veralidaine) will judge for them.

For an example of how this game works, you can read our outdated wars thread here

HOW TO POST GIFS (or any images) 101:
-Find the gif online (if your gif is offline, you can upload it temporarily on websites like tinypic.com)
-Right click on your gif
-Select "copy image URL", like this:

(At this point, you can click "(some html is ok)" at the top right of your comment box, and follow the instructions under "image:". If that isn't clear enough, though, follow these instructions)
-Type this into your comment box:

-Paste your link
-Close your html with a >, so that it looks like this:

-Click "(preview)" to check your gif is showing (it may take a little while to load), and post!
Tada!

message 2: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Sign me up? xD

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too please!

message 4: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Jo can judge us, right?

message 5: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Me please!

message 6: by Aderonke (new)

Aderonke  (aderonkeakavinita) | 1124 comments Sign me up please!

message 7: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Shrishti vs. Harley Quinn - Round 1
JUDGE: Me

Meli vs. Vinita - Round 2

message 8: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Shrishti, Harley, your topic is the ocean. Good luck!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

my gif, sorry i cant get just the picture, this is the link https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5004625...

message 10: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze)

message 11: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Oh, man, this is hard. I've gotta go with Harley, I think, though I love yours too, Shrishti. :D

Harley, you're the judge for the next round! :)

message 12: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Meli vs. Vinita - Round 2
JUDGE: Harley

message 13: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Put me up again, please :)

message 14: by Nicole, A Baggins of Bag End! (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 332 comments You can put me up as well, Jo :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Im a Judge! the topic is....

MAGIC!

message 16: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments I have to work for the next four hours or so, but as soon as I'm home I'll post!

message 17: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (last edited Aug 12, 2015 02:21AM) (new)

Meli vs. Shrishti - Round 2
JUDGE: Harley Quinn

Vinita vs. Nicole - Round 3
JUDGE:

Veral vs. - Round 4
JUDGE:

message 18: by νєяαℓι∂αιиє , My Preciousssss (new)

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2439 comments Sign me up too please! :)

message 19: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments

message 20: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Aww, she's so happy.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

THE DA!

message 22: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Johanna wrote: "Shrishti vs. Harley Quinn - Round 1

Meli vs. Shrishti - Round 2

Vinita vs. Nicole - Round 3
JUDGE:

Veral vs. - Round 4
JUDGE:"

Vinita's time to post is up, (partly my fault; I got mixed up and messaged Nicole instead of Vinita, whelp) so I've moved her down the list for now rather than taking her off.

Shrishti, I've moved you up to this round if you're okay with that!

message 23: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) I'll post in the next 24 please? My desktop is getting repaired and gif hunting on phone is impossible.

message 24: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Sure thing.

Ѕυϻϻεг {"sнσш ϻε λ нεгσ, λπd I'll шгιτε ψσυ λ τгλɢεdψ"} (leovaldez5819) | 1030 comments Hey guys! This is awesome! Perfect idea!! can you sign me up?

message 26: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Sure, Summer!

message 27: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (last edited Aug 15, 2015 07:41PM) (new)

Meli vs. Nicole - Round 2

Vinita vs. Shrishti - Round 3
JUDGE:

Veral vs. Summer - Round 4
JUDGE:"

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait Im Lost
So This Is a different round, and Im still Judgeing.
Do I have to change the topic?

message 29: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (last edited Aug 14, 2015 07:25PM) (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Nah, same round, only we've swapped Vinita for Shrishti.

message 30: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Guys you can switch me if you want to. Sorry.

message 31: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments No problem, Shrishti. I'll ask Nicole if she wants to do this round.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

ok.

message 33: by Nicole, A Baggins of Bag End! (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 332 comments Okay, I found a gif...

message 34: by Nicole, A Baggins of Bag End! (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 332 comments I know it's kind of similar to Meli's but it's the best one I could find.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh its hard!
Ummmmmm
I think Melisquish wins

message 36: by Nicole, A Baggins of Bag End! (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 332 comments I figured that would happen...congrats, Meli!

message 37: by Nicole, A Baggins of Bag End! (last edited Aug 17, 2015 01:25PM) (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 332 comments Shrishti vs. Harley Quinn - Round 1

Vinita vs. Shrishti - Round 3
JUDGE: Meli

Veral vs. Summer - Round 4
JUDGE:

message 38: by νєяαℓι∂αιиє , My Preciousssss (new)

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2439 comments Shrishti vs. Harley Quinn - Round 1

Veral vs. Summer - Round 3

- Round 4
JUDGE:

Due to it being over 2 days, I've replaced both Vinita and Shrishti.

message 39: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) We were only replaced for the previous round... I believe we should still be on the list? And if you're saying it's been over two days since Nicole posted... the reason we didn't post was because we didn't have a topic?

message 40: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Oh whoa... I didn't get a notif that was weird... Um... Topic is Star Wars?
Sorry about that guys... >.<

message 41: by Nicole, A Baggins of Bag End! (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) | 332 comments Oh whoops...I should have messaged you guys. Sorry about that!

Ѕυϻϻεг {"sнσш ϻε λ нεгσ, λπd I'll шгιτε ψσυ λ τгλɢεdψ"} (leovaldez5819) | 1030 comments https://www.pinterest.com/pin/9154980... hope the link works i did this to my mum and she was like "That must be a star trek thing" cause i was watching star trek last night (she thinks star trek and star wars are the same)

message 43: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Sняιѕнтι ~ qυєєη σƒ тнє ηєω вяσкєη ѕcєηє wrote: "We were only replaced for the previous round... I believe we should still be on the list? And if you're saying it's been over two days since Nicole posted... the reason we didn't post was because w..."

Sorry ya'll, you can go next. We'll make it so the 24 hours only start up after a topic has been made, alright folks, and to message the winner so they know they're up. If you guys have a round coming up, it's not a bad idea to set this thread to give you notifications whenever someone posts, so you remember. That's optional, but ya know. Thanks for being vigilant, Veral.

message 44: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

Veral vs. Summer - Round 3

Shrishti vs. Vinita - Round 4
JUDGE:

Ѕυϻϻεг {"sнσш ϻε λ нεгσ, λπd I'll шгιτε ψσυ λ τгλɢεdψ"} (leovaldez5819) | 1030 comments so was it my turn or do you want me to delete that post?

message 46: by νєяαℓι∂αιиє , My Preciousssss (new)

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2439 comments Sняιѕнтι ~ qυєєη σƒ тнє ηєω вяσкєη ѕcєηє wrote: "We were only replaced for the previous round... I believe we should still be on the list? And if you're saying it's been over two days since Nicole posted... the reason we didn't post was because w..."

Oh sorry! I didn't notice there wasn't a topic. >.<

message 47: by νєяαℓι∂αιиє , My Preciousssss (new)

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2439 comments Ѕυϻϻεг {"sнσш ϻε λ нεгσ, λπd I'll шгιτε ψσυ λ τгλɢεdψ"} wrote: "so was it my turn or do you want me to delete that post?"

No, no, that post is fine, we're in this round now. :)

message 49: by νєяαℓι∂αιиє , My Preciousssss (last edited Aug 19, 2015 05:18PM) (new)

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2439 comments

I hope that counts, 'fraid I don't know anything about Star Wars. (I just found it amusing that's all. XD)

message 50: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Ooh it's a toughie. I'm going to have to go with Summer's because Han.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6