Kelly Oram Geek League discussion

16 views
Geek Out! > Other Authors Exist? Share Some Good Reads!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Yes, people there are other authors out there! You want to share a great book you just read that wasn't by KO? Well, that's okay this is the spot to do it!


message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oram (kellyoram) | 8 comments Rogue Rogue is available for preorder now. Yay! I love the Relentless series. I'm excited for this one. Karen's doing an awesome giveaway on her blog right now too. :)

too.http://www.karenlynchnl.com/#!contest...

Who else loves this series as much as me???


message 3: by Candace (new)

Candace Vianna (candace_vianna) | 12 comments Just finished reading Killer (Stalker, #0.5) by Clarissa Wild It was very different from anything I've read in a while. Not a traditional romance, more of an obsessive love/hate where both of the MCs are evil. It has a strong psychological thriller feel. It's a novella prequal, but also a complete story on its own.


message 4: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea All right ladies! I haven't read either of those books. It looks like I'm going to have to start adding more to my TBR pile! Even though it's all ready so freaking huge! HA


message 5: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea I have a huge fascination for this book! I truly adored it. It's a NA Sports Romance, but it kicks butt!
Kulti by Mariana Zapata


message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oram (kellyoram) | 8 comments ooh, I like sports romances. I even have an idea to write one. Maybe someday I'll have the time to do it. *sigh* So this one is good? How much sex is in it? A lot? Or just a little? I can handle a little, but I can't get through a book with a ton of it and I always get frustrated when I invest in a book and then have to quit.


message 7: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Kelly wrote: "ooh, I like sports romances. I even have an idea to write one. Maybe someday I'll have the time to do it. *sigh* So this one is good? How much sex is in it? A lot? Or just a little? I can handle ..."

Actually, there is very little sex in it. That's what made me love it, it was more about the story.


message 8: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea I also highly highly recommend all of these!!

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep


message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oram (kellyoram) | 8 comments I love all of those excapt I haven't read the last one. I like Jennifer Estep though so I'll have to check it out.


message 10: by Candace (last edited Aug 13, 2015 09:33AM) (new)

Candace Vianna (candace_vianna) | 12 comments Whitney wrote: "I also highly highly recommend all of these!!

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia BriggsThrone of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. MaasSpider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep"


I haven't read the Throne series yet, but I love the other three. A couple similar series' worth looking into would be Chicagoland Vampire Series (1-10) by Chloe Neill and Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost


message 11: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Candace wrote: "Whitney wrote: "I also highly highly recommend all of these!!

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia BriggsThrone of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. MaasSpider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep"

I h..."


I totally agree, Candace! I've all ready read both of those series. And I've read the spin off to Night Huntress, Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost as well!


message 12: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea As anyone read Uprooted by Naomi Novik ? I'm going to try to get it read this month, and I'm unsure if I will like it or not.


message 13: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) I highly recommend all Jessica Verdi books!


message 14: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Bieke {Istyria book blog} wrote: "I highly recommend all Jessica Verdi books!"

I don't think I've read any of her books. Which one would recommend someone starting with?


message 15: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) Whitney wrote: "Bieke {Istyria book blog} wrote: "I highly recommend all Jessica Verdi books!"

I don't think I've read any of her books. Which one would recommend someone starting with?"


Hmm, oh god. XD They're all pretty emotional and definitely amazing, but my favorite is The Summer I Wasn't Me. :)


message 16: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Bieke {Istyria book blog} wrote: "Whitney wrote: "Bieke {Istyria book blog} wrote: "I highly recommend all Jessica Verdi books!"

I don't think I've read any of her books. Which one would recommend someone starting with?"

Hmm, oh ..."


I will look into that one thank you!!


message 17: by JadeShea (last edited Aug 15, 2015 04:34PM) (new)

JadeShea I recently finished this few books, and I enjoyed all of them!!
Unexpectedly His (Entangled Lovestruck) by Maggie Kelley Tamed By The Outlaw (Entangled Lovestruck) by Michelle Sharp and Hold On (The 'Burg, #6) by Kristen Ashley !!

Not all of these are out yet, I got ARCs for all of them. But I totally enjoyed them all and I recommend them!!


message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Oh my dear lord. MUAHAHAHAHAHA I have reached paradise.
The...I guess you would call them non-R-rated books? Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1) by A&E Kirk Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1) by Kat Carlton Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1) by Jessica Park Relentless (Relentless, #1) by Karen Lynch The Changelings (War of the Fae, #1) by Elle Casey Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck
Andddd there're the rated-R books Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1) by Belle Aurora Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley
For most of these, the rest of their series were just as amazing as the first books I put here. Hope you like them as much as I do!


message 19: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Jessica wrote: "Oh my dear lord. MUAHAHAHAHAHA I have reached paradise.
The...I guess you would call them non-R-rated books? Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1) by A&E KirkTwo Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1) by Kat Carlton[bookco..."


I've read some of those. I adore Kristen Ashley, and have read all of her books that are out. :) Rock chick is just awesome!!
And I also liked Friend-Zoned!
I wasn't really a fan of Wallbanger though.

And I've read Flat-out Love and Born at Midnight, but the rest look really interesting. I'm going to have to check those out!


message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Whitney wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Oh my dear lord. MUAHAHAHAHAHA I have reached paradise.
The...I guess you would call them non-R-rated books? Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1) by A&E Kirk[bookcover:Two Lies and a Spy|..."


Hehe I've been trying to get the rest of the Rock Chick series from different libraries. It's going to take a while, but I will finish the series. Hope we get to fangirl soon sometime. ^^


message 21: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Jessica wrote: "Whitney wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Oh my dear lord. MUAHAHAHAHAHA I have reached paradise.
The...I guess you would call them non-R-rated books? Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1) by A&E Kirk[bookcover:Two..."


That would be awesome!! :)


message 22: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea I just finished reading The Other P-Word (In Other Words, #3) by M.K. Schiller , and it was really good!

It has a really cool hero, and a funny heroine.


message 23: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea I just finished reading Kian by Tijan and it was really awesome. I highly recommend this one!


back to top