Kelly Oram Geek League discussion

Geek Out! > Geek Chatter

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea What to let your inner Geek Out? Well, this is where you do it. Come join us and chat about anything under the sun!

message 2: by JadeShea (last edited Aug 12, 2015 03:16PM) (new)

JadeShea Why do people insist on being rude????

What happened to society being nice to each other, and rude people were frowned upon?

And I don't mean just people online, I mean just in general. I try really hard never to be rude to someone, even when the want to be rude to me.

Grr. It makes me so sad to see!! This is why books are better than people ;)

Sorry about the rant just had to get that out there.

message 3: by Candace (new)

Candace Vianna (candace_vianna) | 12 comments Whitney wrote: "Why do people insist on being rude????

What happened to society being nice to each other, and rude people were frowned upon?

And I don't mean just people online, I mean just in general. I try re..."

I blame reality TV. After people see enough selfish behavior, they start to think it's okay to be inconsiderate.

I also think the Internet and mass media have caused a cultural shift in values, focusing our empathy on large scale causes, while ignoring, sometimes even justifying, the less exotic suffering in our own communities.

message 4: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Candace wrote: "Whitney wrote: "Why do people insist on being rude????

And I don't mean just people online, I mean just in g..."

I think that's just awful! I hate that. I don't get the point in being rude to others. It doesn't do anything good to either party in the situation and it just makes zero sense to me. It takes more energy to be rude then just to smile and say something nice then be on your way.

message 5: by Candace (new)

Candace Vianna (candace_vianna) | 12 comments I agree. I think culturally, we've lost our sense of community, and just don't take others into consideration. When I was young, we were trained to be socially aware. We recited the Golden Rule daily in school right after the Pledge of Allegiance. Most people don't think they're being inconsiderate, it doesn't even cross their minds.

message 6: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Candace wrote: "I agree. I think culturally, we've lost our sense of community, and just don't take others into consideration. When I was young, we were trained to be socially aware. We recited the Golden Rule dai..."

I totally agree with you. Although, I've realized it rally doesn't matter what age they are. They all just sort of act like that. I don't get it.

message 7: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea OMG!! I got my signed copy of Cinder & Ella today!! YAYAYAYAYA

message 8: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea What are you currently reading?

message 9: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea **Randomsauce***

My hubby and I hate the town we live in. Both of us were forced here when we were little, and just haven't had the opportunity to get out yet. But this year we've had a few chances to leave, but we didn't feel they would work out right... Now, we may be getting a third chance to move. And this time it's only about 5 or 6 hours away from here, but it would be to Houston, Texas!

Does anyone know anything about Houston? It's kind of a scary thought to just pack up and move, but I really hate where I live and I feel kind of stuck...

Any thoughts??

message 10: by Jennifer, Geekette (new)

Jennifer (jennafour) | 128 comments Mod
Currently reading - In The Dark by Monica Murphy

Sadly idk anything about Houston besides the Astros, Texans, and Rockets lol

message 11: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Jennifer wrote: "Currently reading - In The Dark by Monica Murphy

Sadly idk anything about Houston besides the Astros, Texans, and Rockets lol"

LOl! Well, that is one good thing about moving there. The sports!

message 12: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Hey everyone!

I normally wouldn't do this, but I just want everyone to be aware of it even if you can't donate that's okay. Just want to spread the word.

A very dear friend of mine just lost their one month old baby boy named Percy to SIDS!

SIDS can happen very unexpectly with no signs or warnings. It's something a lot of people do not know about and there is no real way to prevent it or keep it from happening. It can happen to ANY infant under the age of one year old.

R.I.P Percy!

I ask you to donate to Percy's family and SIDS research here https://www.gofundme.com/percy-charles

If you can't donate, again that is okay, but I want to help spread awareness as well!

message 13: by JadeShea (new)

JadeShea Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! IF there are any in the group!