Kelly Oram Geek League discussion

Announcements > Introduce your Geekness! Welcome to the group!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitney (last edited Aug 08, 2015 10:25AM) (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Welcome everyone to Kelly Oram Geek League!
My name is Whitney, and I will be your Geek League Leader!
I love Kelly Oram books, and I look forward to chatting with everyone about them!

This is where you can introduce yourself. Say some things about yourself, and let us get to know your inner Geek!

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oram (kellyoram) | 8 comments I own my own 10-sided dice that no one else is allowed to roll because they might jinx my dice. And I went to the game store and rolled dozens of different pairs of dice before I settled on "my" dice. It doesn't get much geekier than that! :)

Hey everyone! All of you rock for joining this group, and a special thanks to Whitney--coolest geek ever--for starting this group.

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Kelly wrote: "I own my own 10-sided dice that no one else is allowed to roll because they might jinx my dice. And I went to the game store and rolled dozens of different pairs of dice before I settled on "my" di..."

Thanks for stopping by, Kelly! And I actually have done that with all of my dice I've bought. I have a whole dice bag! :)

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oram (kellyoram) | 8 comments me too! for when my go-to pair is sucking, and I need backups.

message 5: by Candace (new)

Candace Vianna (candace_vianna) | 12 comments Hey all, thanks Whitney for starting this group. I passed my geek-a-tude onto my twin daughters, and now they have better dice than I do. When they're not cos-playing, they're armored up, beating on guys twice their size at ren-fairs.

message 6: by Whitney (last edited Aug 09, 2015 04:56PM) (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Candace wrote: "Hey all, thanks Whitney for starting this group. I passed my geek-a-tude onto my twin daughters, and now they have better dice than I do. When they're not cos-playing, they're armored up, beating o..."

Hey Candace, you're welcome! I was happy to start the group! Thank YOU, for joining! :)

And that is so cool you have twin daughters, and they are Geeks too! Way to spread the Geekiness!

I love Cos play! I actually have a Jawa outfit! (From Star Wars if no one knows what that is)

I also love DND/Role playing, WOW (World of Warcraft), Books, Comic Books, and tons of other nerdy things lol :)

message 7: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) I'm Bieke, friends call me Bee (mainly because most friends aren't from Belgium like me and can't pronounce Bieke properly). I'm 25 and obviously I love reading. But I also love writing, I'm working on my own first novel under the name Nelly B. Jones). Other non-bookish hobbies include watching movies and tv-shows (The Flash, Bones, Pretty Little Liars, Arrow, Girl Meets World, ...) I also love anime and manga and the occasional video game.

I LOVE animated movies. I've seen nearly all Disney and Dreamworks movies and know most Disney songs by heart. I also LOVE all the Marvel movies (made by Marvel Studios aka Disney, not the Sony & Fox movies. Those are just okay. Except X-men. X-men rocks.)

message 8: by Candace (new)

Candace Vianna (candace_vianna) | 12 comments Welcome Bee! Good luck with your first novel. I published for the first time last year. It's been awesome. People have treated my work far kinder than I expected (and probably deserved.) After you publish, just try to keep in mind criticism is not personal (there will always be critics,) and is often enlightening. My writing has improved greatly thanks to them.

Considering your tastes in media, if you haven't seen Tank Girl already you should check it out.

message 9: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) Thanks for the tips! And I will!

message 10: by Whitney (last edited Aug 15, 2015 04:28PM) (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Bieke {Istyria book blog} wrote: "I'm Bieke, friends call me Bee (mainly because most friends aren't from Belgium like me and can't pronounce Bieke properly). I'm 25 and obviously I love reading. But I also love writing, I'm workin..."

WELCOME!

Bee! So glad you joined us!! Good luck with the author gig. And I totally agree with the Disney stuff, and all the anime too! I actually have two of the Disney soundtracks with different songs!! :)

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Hmm I guess you could consider me as a geek, too? I, of course, love reading. My friends think it's bizarre when I tell them that I take my books with me to read while eating, going to the bathroom, and brushing my teeth. And then there's the anime factor. I might not cosplay and larp but I can fangirl with the best of them. These are things I need to survive so sue me if that makes me uncool. I'd rather be a geek than...whatever else there is to be in the world.

message 12: by Whitney (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Jessica wrote: "Hmm I guess you could consider me as a geek, too? I, of course, love reading. My friends think it's bizarre when I tell them that I take my books with me to read while eating, going to the bathroom..."

Well said, Jessica! And welcome to our awesome group!! Happy to have you here. :)

message 13: by Shelby, Geekette (new)

Shelby (Grace with Books) (gracedwithbooks) | 17 comments Mod
Hi,
Im Shelby and I am definitely a geek! I run a book blog called gracedwithbooks.com!!! I actually did an interview with Kelly recently so you can check that out there as well. I am SUPER DOOPER excited to be joining this group and I cannot wait to let my inner geek shine!!!

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Shelby wrote: "Hi,
Im Shelby and I am definitely a geek! I run a book blog called gracedwithbooks.com!!! I actually did an interview with Kelly recently so you can check that out there as well. I am SUPER DOOPER ..."

Hey Shelby,

Thanks for joining us!

message 15: by Anusha (new)

Anusha | 238 comments Hi, I'm Anusha, and I really love Kelly's books. My obsession began in the Summer of 2014 when I found V is for Virgin on the kindle store and loved it!! I've read nearly all of her books now (I haven't read More Then Jamie Baker, Joni, Underway, or The Libby Garret Intervention, but I'm working on it). I just found this group and I'm SUPER excited to geek out with fellow Kelly Oram fans!!

message 16: by Anusha (new)

Anusha | 238 comments Hi, I'm Anusha, and I really love Kelly's books. My obsession began in the Summer of 2014 when I found V is for Virgin on the kindle store and loved it!! I've read nearly all of her books now (I haven't read More Then Jamie Baker, Joni, Underway, or The Libby Garret Intervention, but I'm working on it). I just found this group and I'm SUPER excited to geek out with fellow Kelly Oram fans!!

message 17: by Whitney (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Smokey wrote: "Hi, I'm Anusha, and I really love Kelly's books. My obsession began in the Summer of 2014 when I found V is for Virgin on the kindle store and loved it!! I've read nearly all of her books now (I ha..."

Welcome to the group! I'm so glad you could join us. :)

message 18: by Shaylyn (new)

Shaylyn | 15 comments Hi! I'm Shaylyn. I'm so excited to be joining this group I don't even have words! I love to read and like to watch anime. I would definitely say that I'm geek in those aspects! I also like to watch shows such as Bones, The Shannara Chronicles, NCIS, Friends, and The Big Bang Theory.

message 19: by Whitney (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Shaylyn wrote: "Hi! I'm Shaylyn. I'm so excited to be joining this group I don't even have words! I love to read and like to watch anime. I would definitely say that I'm geek in those aspects! I also like to watch..."

Welcome to the group! :)

message 20: by Shelby, Geekette (new)

Shelby (Grace with Books) (gracedwithbooks) | 17 comments Mod
Shaylyn wrote: "Hi! I'm Shaylyn. I'm so excited to be joining this group I don't even have words! I love to read and like to watch anime. I would definitely say that I'm geek in those aspects! I also like to watch..."

Nice to meet you Shaylyn!

message 21: by Sindu (new)

Sindu Hey! I'm Sindu..I got addicted to Kelly Oram's books only rececntly and I am subscribing and joining everything she is a part of already....I have read most of her books. I just finished Serial Hottie and am just starting the Supernaturals Series..

message 22: by Anusha (new)

Anusha | 238 comments Hi! Welcome!!

message 23: by Whitney (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) Sindu wrote: "Hey! I'm Sindu..I got addicted to Kelly Oram's books only rececntly and I am subscribing and joining everything she is a part of already....I have read most of her books. I just finished Serial Hot..."

Thanks for joining! :)

Sidra Arianna Harris | 4 comments Hi, I'm Sidra. I am addicted to Kelly Oram's books. I have just finished both of the Cinder and Ella books. I am just starting the Trouble series. So far they are really good!