What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book about a necromancer [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G (new)

G | 2 comments I read this book a while back in regards to a girl who sees ghosts.
The story takes place in Asia I believe. The protagonist has a brother and two sisters who are twins. Her father takes her and her brother away from her mother and younger sisters to go live in a heavily vegetated area to progress his business. She also gives her brother her blood because he has some sort of illness. The girl develops a semi-incestuous relationship with her brother. As they live there, they encounter a demon (and slay it...?). When she grows up she moves away to work for a rich family and is accused of stealing earrings or something along those lines. She gets engaged to the a boy within the family. As the story progresses, she is held hostage by this army man (I think he's an army man). He rapes and keeps her as his "wife". I honestly can't remember the title of this book and these are the only small details I remember. The author was of Chinese or Japanese decent I believe.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
The Black Isle by Sandi Tan seems to match your description.

message 3: by G (new)

G | 2 comments Kris wrote: "The Black Isle by Sandi Tan seems to match your description."

Thank you!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Black Isle (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sandi Tan (other topics)